Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laying a Lawn Over A Path ?

Options
  • 06-03-2007 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am laying a lawn in our back garden and I want it to cover a concrete path that we have. I dont want to remove the path as a drain runs underneath it so what is the minimum resonable depth of soil needed to cover it ?

Any help gratefully accepted

Corm500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

15cm/6 inches.
    Although, if you go ahead with your plan, I believe it would be very easy to pick out where the path was, especially over the course of a dry summer.
    You more than likely will have a variation in turf colour and growth rate.
    Even watering and the selective use of lawn fertilisers may regulate this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

It would be useful to either crack path surface and/or bore holes to facilitate drainage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

How far below the path is the drain? A path would be easily demolished with a half decent kango hammer provided the drain is at a reasonable depth.

I agree with Irish Gardener - it will be very noticeable in dry weather.

Advertisement