Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Equality Now Screening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

padimus wrote:
    Yeah, it was nice seeing it on the big screen again, had a good time in the pub afterwards. It was probably the only place in Ireland that i could say "that was the episode where River shot those 4 guys" and have people know what the hell i was going on about.

wasnt it 3 guys in that episode she shot. yup know the feelin

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"The final amount raised for Equality Now from Dublin is €3,247.96"

WOOOOOOOOOOW!! Thats a fairly serious amount of moolah. Jesus.. :eek: nice one!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Re-watching "Out Of Gas" is defiantly something you should do after watching serenity, just watched it there...

yup watched it yesterday, one of my faves cos the background stories, plus jaynes unmistakable line,

Mal: "Looks can be deceiving."

Jayne: "Not as deceiving as a lowdown, dirty... deceiver."

Mal: "Well said. Wasn't that well said, Zoe?"

Zoe: "Had a kind of poetry to it, sir."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

I'm glad you all enjoyed it and I hope to see you all at a future shindig.

Photos of the Dublin Event if anyone is interested. Most of them are from the shindig afterwards ;)

http://public.fotki.com/almarsare/cant-stop-the-seren/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Nice. Any chance of those being put up on flickr? Cause it would be then easier for people to make a group.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Can't Stop The Food.... by the looks of those pics :p

DeV.

The food was yummy besides we had to soak up all the alcohol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

There were fights for the onion rings at my table. Lucky, i was the only one who liked those strange garlicy ball things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

there was a fight for the cocktail saussages at our table but then the staff arrived with another plate and it was like Taz!!! Whirlwind of hands!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

of all the dirty rutten low down 件粪便

why did i not bloody see this thread untill the bloody 12th of August!!
    Better not tell the girlfriend, she will kill me. I got to see Serenity in the cinema when it first came out, she is a later convert and never saw it in all its big screen glory.

So..... anyone want to organise it again please??
    you would sell two extra tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

I would certainly be interested is this was made a annual[or maybe a semi annual] event.........

Finding meself wearing the t-shirt a lot lately :D

id love to see the series on the big screen. Two episodes back to back, once a week would be alot of fun :D

ye i wear the t-shirt as well can be a good conversation starter in beer gardins, its only a once a year thing but the idea of maybe a large shindig where we get a pub with a dvd projecter and just watch the series and drinkl and have a laugh all day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

:eek:

Is this a RuggerHead I see before me?!

Norrie!!!!! Where have you been?!

Some of us have come over to the dark side in order to escape some of the cretins on serenitymovie.org.........

How've you been?
    Going to France for the World Cup?
    Damn shame about Shaggy getting his knee screwed in Murrayfield......

washiskin wrote:
    :eek:

Is this a RuggerHead I see before me?!

Norrie!!!!! Where have you been?!

Some of us have come over to the dark side in order to escape some of the cretins on serenitymovie.org.........

How've you been?
    Going to France for the World Cup?
    Damn shame about Shaggy getting his knee screwed in Murrayfield......

Indeed it is.
    the other site went down hill recently alright. I know it is a FF/Ser site but there is only so much one can take at anyone time. even the general topic forum was nothing but FF/Ser

not going to the World cup i am afraid as i am a bit broke for some reason. Did you see the injury? an absolute nothing of a twist and he is crocked. tis a balls

I didn't see it as I was on the road at the time, but the poor sod. Of all people. All the hype before hand was if Geordan Murphy would be jinxed again....

Anyway, you should try to get along to the September shindig......if there will be one. It's usually good fun and no-one bites......we even talk about non-FF/S stuff! :eek:

Great to see you again......

btw I was CailinDeas on SM.org......I miss my Sean Bean Avatar.......:rolleyes:

washiskin wrote:
    I didn't see it as I was on the road at the time, but the poor sod. Of all people. All the hype before hand was if Geordan Murphy would be jinxed again....

Anyway, you should try to get along to the September shindig......if there will be one. It's usually good fun and no-one bites......we even talk about non-FF/S stuff! :eek:

Great to see you again......

btw I was CailinDeas on SM.org......I miss my Sean Bean Avatar.......:rolleyes:

how ya doin lady

i am on holidays in Sept i'm afriad. i will see how the dates stack up (and coin)

EDIT By sutty:

I do think there is a ruggers forum for that sort of thing....

PS.. Keep it civil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Try to keep it on topic people. ;)

Captain tight pants has spoken :cool:

• Advertisement

Hi All,

I don't want to start a new thread until I'm sure we going ahead with another event.

Just wondering if there is enough interest to do it all again. So what do you say folks? Are ye interested.

Let me know here or e-mail me dublin.serenityscreening@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Yes yes yes a thousand times yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Altoid

Ah, go on then, why not?

You know we'll be there.

hell yea. ill be there :)

lol about 20 mins ago my mate saw my t-shirt from the last one and asked me about it and told me to tell him when the next one was on. Definatly cant wait to go. Pub Drink and food after again? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Greatly enjoyed last year, hopefully roll on next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

yeah, i'd be up for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll definatly be up for it.
    Unfortunatly I'm living in England atm, but if I'm back in Dub at the time I'll come along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Was hoping there'd be another screening! This time I may even pop along to the shindig afterwards (if there is one)

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone who replied. Time for me to get to work methinks. :) I'll post when I have some details.

Advertisement