Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positioning an extractor hood

Options
  • 06-03-2007 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I was reading the instructions for installing the extractor hood we just bought for our new kitchen and it said it should be no more than 650mm above the hob. It’s 600mm wide and 490mm deep so it actually sticks out from the wall units (320mm) a fair bit. If I put it at 650mm above the hob it’d be awkward to get at the hob cos my head would bang off it sooner or later.

What’s the standard height for fitting extractor hoods at above a standard worktop with gas hob?

Is the 490mm deep extractor hood too deep and so should be replaced with one that’s not gonna stick out from the wall units (though am sure this would reduce its effectiveness)?

Thanks

Advertisement