Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

questions to be answered

• 06-03-2007 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭

im just wondering, what are the questions that you want answered?

every week, in the threads about episodes, most people moan and say it was crap, that we want answers.

Well what are these questions?

i can only think of around 10, yet do you all want these answered this season?

wht is the island for?
    who are dharma/hanso?
    who is jacob?
    why was walt so important?
    why is locke so connected to the island?
    what was with the big foot?
    why has the island healing powers?

i just cant understand some people, would you prefer if they answered all these questions in this series?

and would people quit comparing it to heroes and how great that is, how many episodes is it in?

is it better than losts 1st series?

im just sick of every week the same people coming in and complaining about how this is the last chance im giving it etc etc

/rant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

A few more.....

What's with the black rock?
    What's Libby's story?
    What is the "sickness" that Rousseau's team caught?
    What are the numbers?
    Was it just coincidence that they were all on the plane?
    What is the "monster"?

Ah I don't mind if they don't all get answered immediately, if there's actually a logical(ish) ending that ties everything up within the next year or two I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ah the 4 main ones are

where and what is the island exactly?
    what are the numbers?
    who are the others?
    and are the survivors specifically picked for island and what are their connections with one another if any?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

How about 50 questions then?

The fact that the show's been asking even more since then, without resolving these, is what's so frustrating to people (including me). It's all very well trying to create a mystery, but you owe it to viewers to give some answers too which is why people keep mentioning "Heroes" in that regard. The creator has said that he didn't want to go the way of "Lost" and instead keep the story moving rather than piling up the "?"s.

Would I prefer all of the questions answered in this season? No, but I'd like some of those 50+ damn questions answered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Anyone remember Brian Conely and his little sidekick 'Larry the loafer' who he used to beat regularly under the catchphrase to audience gasps 'It's a puppet'! This is lost.

There is no answer to these questions it is the audience participation that counts. Lost is lost and at the end of the day it started off well but is now clinging desperately to a 'good ending' which will never come, unless it is genious. Expectations are extremely high. Lost will fizzle out like 'El dorado' remember that one? Different genre same expectations.
    Don't waste your time and energy on lost, it is at the end of the day another audience pleaser which will dissapoint but it will won't do any harm to it's producers at the end of the day and will produce enough hooks and audience and money to justify itself financially.
    That's my horribly cynicall evaluation anyway, sorry. Enjoy the rest of the show.
    Ps I'm not a critic I'm just another tv addict and I know what I like, this is just my opinion.

Advertisement