Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Up styles and ball makeup

• 06-03-2007 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Im heading to a ball in the Burlington on Friday and I want to get my hair and makeup done for the occasion.
    Wheres the best place to get upstyles in dublin city centre?
    Also Im not heading to the ball till 10 so is there anyplace that does makeup that doesnt close till 9?Prefarbly Mac makeup?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I think BTs doesn't close til 8 or 9?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Do NOT go to Mac. They make your foundation totally orange!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The whole lot of staff there are scary tbh. Was looking for a foundation and saw the orange women with these ridiculous blushers and eyes. They looked so unbelievably bad. Like drag queens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Lol, they probably get their tips from Davina, the drag queen that works there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

As far as I know, Brown Thomas grafton st is open til 9, so you would be able to go to MAC there, you need to book it in advance though.
    Got my make up done for my debs there, some of the girls that work there may have very OTT make up, but i was really happy with mine, I have really pale skin and they gave me a cool sort of 1950's retro look, stayed on all night, but wasnt caked on or anything.
    Costs 25 euros but you get products back up to that value. The girl who did it was really nice and gave me a few make-up tips for my skin too.

For the hair, a friend recently got a pretty cool up do/ball hairstyle at Toni&Guy, on Claredon Street i think, for a ball she was going to, wasn't a really fussy updo, they did a quiff on her, and the rest of her hair had a lot of volume, looked really well. Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Go to Make up forever, they do a very natural cover and exactly what you want. There is no worry about having to wait until 8-9 to get your make up done as they do a good job which in turn results in your make up lasting. I would advise that you get it at about 6 that way you can get home and sorted in a relaxed way. Last thing you want to be doing is running home, stressed out of your mind and not enjoying yourself.

Also any good hairdresser will do a good job with your hair, ie: peter marks etc are all just as good as any of the "high class" places if not better.
    You should call into the salon and discuss what you would like done with your hair. Also ensure you get it done before you get your makeup done so that any water doesnt get onto your face.

Hope you have a fab night, i always love nights like that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i'd go to MAC for the make-up, any time i've gone they've done a really good job!

there are a few scary looking ones in there too though!!

Advertisement