Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walk-In Wardrobe fitout

Options
  • 06-03-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

We have 3 walk-in wardrobes in our new self-build and I am wondering if anybody can tell me where would be a good place to look for fitting out the bits and pieces for them...shelfs, pull down racks, sliding baskets etc.Based in Munster.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Hi Redlady

We are in the Leinster area and we too have walk in wardrobes which are fab but we too had difficulty in kitting them out. So far we have hanging bars which we bought in lengths from Noeyks in Dublin. We also saw baskets there. And baskets and trouser hanging stuff at Storage Solutions Shop Harolds X, Dublin but they also well online www.storagesolutions.ie
    In our son's room we just use the hanging space and colourful storage boxes for tops, socks, sweaters etc.

We haven't gotten around to finishing shopping for stuff for the walk in wardrobes yet but are managing quite well with the hanging space at the moment.

Good luck. Let me know if you find other stuff? Would be grateful as still want to keep our options open.

Thanks,
    BW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RedLady

Hi BW,

Thanks. Sliderobes do sell the pull down bars, sliding shoe racks etc but the seemed v.expensive. I saw a few bits on ebay under closetmaid username...basically they provide wired based baskets etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭tribesman

Noyek Newmans do this type us stuff and they have outlets in Tralee and Ennis.

http://www.noyeksnewmans.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

In-house also do a lot of stuff for bedrooms , they are in cork as well
    http://www.in-house.ie/
    Not sure if they are the cheapest but the quality is good (at least with their kitchens)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pitstop

RedLady

Just about to do the same thing (and in Munster!). I have look around a bit and am thinking we will make the trip to IKEA or I may order over the phone as I think this is easy enough to buy from them. Look at their website, they have a huge range of pull out trays and drawers etc.

Now I just have to sit down, measure up and plan it!! I also think they are the cheapest by far!

Good luck with it.

Pitstop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RedLady

THanks for all the suggestions.

I am doing the same, I just bought some wardrobe insert units from B&Q made by stanley, it consists of a tall open shelved unit 40cm wide with optional drawers and three poles to fit either side. cost about €90

Advertisement