Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

s.t.a.l.k.e.r. game release!

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Are you calling me a liar!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

5uspect wrote:
    edit2: I've just read that STALKER has
    up to 6 different endings! :eek:
    It has seven - 5 false and 2 true ones.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How can you have a false and true ending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

5 of them are slightly crappier than the other 2!

hmmmm, any suggestions on how you get the other endings? Do you get a different one if you join Duty for example?

• Advertisement

How can you have a false and true ending?
    Without giving away too much, with 5 of them, you don't really find out anything. With the two true endings, everything is explained.

The five false/ordinary endings depend on how you play the game - are you a money hoarder / a good person etc
    To get either of the two true/good endings, follow the Strelok storyline.

They're all up on youtube anyway if you can't be bothered playing though that many times.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They had better be better than the one I saw...

not too much, but if you've a save anywhere near the end you can get the 2 'true endings' without too much hassle (though the last one is a bit of a bitch! I recommend youtube as mentioned!

They had better be better than the one I saw...
    The five false ones are a bit pants, it has to be said.

they're pretty though!

• Advertisement

5uspect, you must have got some patch, your save game does not work for me, oh well.
    Thanks though.

i'm using the first offical patch, v1.0001 or whatever they're calling it.
    thats a shame

Oh well, I may upgrade some day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

neGev wrote:
    Without giving away too much, with 5 of them, you don't really find out anything. With the two true endings, everything is explained.

The five false/ordinary endings depend on how you play the game - are you a money hoarder / a good person etc
    To get either of the two true/good endings, follow the Strelok storyline.

They're all up on youtube anyway if you can't be bothered playing though that many times.

Money hoarder now that explains my ending. I must say i was confused from it even though it looked nice it did not explain much.

Well, I've never actually needed to use money, so maybe that will happen to me, or is it jjust the one at the granter?

BadCharlie wrote:
    Money hoarder now that explains my ending. I must say i was confused from it even though it looked nice it did not explain much.
    I take it you got the
    I want to be rich
    ending?
    Well, I've never actually needed to use money, so maybe that will happen to me, or is it jjust the one at the granter?
    The five false endings all occur at the monolith and differ depending on how you played the game. The two true endings don't take place at the monolith.

oh right.
    So sojust because I didn't spend money I didn't need to spend, I get that ' I want to be rich' ending? Pretty crap.

v1.0003 patch is out now, seems to fix online bugs mostly.
    It doesn't affect the v1.0001 save games.

oh right.
    So sojust because I didn't spend money I didn't need to spend, I get that ' I want to be rich' ending? Pretty crap.
    Yeah, bit annoying, isn't it?
    I think the newer patches change the system around some, with armour degrading and so on, so it makes it easier to spend money and get different endings.

neGev wrote:
    I take it you got the
    I want to be rich
    ending?

Yes.
    Hardly spend money during the game as everything is very much provided for you when u kill the badguys.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I basically quit playing this shortly after I bought it until a patch came out, as the game kept crashing. I didn't install the first patch as it wiped your save games.

Does anyone know what the sorry is with the new 1.003 patch? Will it wipe my save games if I install it.

yeah v1.0003 builds on v1.0001 so it'll wipe them too.
    Sure you may as well restart it, its pretty non-linear anyway.

There is word of a savegame converter in the upcomming patches but I wouldn't hold out.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

That really is piss poor. Hidden & Dangerous level poor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Maximilian wrote:
    I basically quit playing this shortly after I bought it until a patch came out, as the game kept crashing. I didn't install the first patch as it wiped your save games.

Does anyone know what the sorry is with the new 1.003 patch? Will it wipe my save games if I install it.

It's compatible with the savegames from 1.001 onwards, but sadly not 1.000. In my case I gave up playing until this patch and I'm glad I did. It's flawless now, all CTD's and bluescreening are gone.

Dunno about errrors in the unpatched one, must have been lucky as mine runs without any bugs that I can see.

Dunno about errrors in the unpatched one, must have been lucky as mine runs without any bugs that I can see.

I think it could be hardwear related. I have had lots of crashes my self with patches and without.

Advertisement