Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmessan Broadband (Again)

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tiamant888

I was an employee of OmniTel up until January 08, currently I have opened my own IT company. I know for a fact that OmniTel have coverage all over Kilmessan. On the website the site covering Kilmessan is mislabeled (in Co.Meath) as "ferns".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tiamant888

Y'know what. I really dont care at this point. Im just trying to offer a helping hand because I know it is possible to get broadband here. Im not going to fight over it. If you say there isnt coverage fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Finally got a phone line in the house. Apparently the hold up was related to them putting extra capacity in the "mini exchange" that is closer to Kilmessan than Tara.

The engineer chap said that the good news was that the broadband that we would be able to get now as a result will be "the good broadband"...which apparently means 3 meg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Tiamant888 wrote: »
    Y'know what. I really dont care at this point. Im just trying to offer a helping hand because I know it is possible to get broadband here. Im not going to fight over it. If you say there isnt coverage fine.

i'm sure you can understand our scepticism. there's been a few who have come on here boasting about their kilmessan coverage... some people even went as far as to order it until they were told they weren't covered

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Shad0r wrote: »
    Finally got a phone line in the house. Apparently the hold up was related to them putting extra capacity in the "mini exchange" that is closer to Kilmessan than Tara.

The engineer chap said that the good news was that the broadband that we would be able to get now as a result will be "the good broadband"...which apparently means 3 meg.

That's great to hear Niall. I wouldn't get my hopes up about getting 3 meg.
    Put your number into the SMART line checker and see what exchange comes up.

The mini exchange is actually about 500m from your house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 T-max

Has anyone else managed to get Broadband in Bective Lodge aside from the lucky previous posters on this thread?

I know someone who is still unable to get it through BT as BT say it is not available. They have quoted that I am aware of other people in area with it and they want details (ie: Phone number, Name etc.) but I know this won't work as others probably with Eircom and BT cannot access Eircom system...

As an aside, over the last week an Eircom Broadband van has been in and out of Bective Lodge a few times.. Could this mean change?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

Tiamant888 wrote: »
    I was an employee of OmniTel up until January 08 involved with the network, currently I have opened my own IT company in Dublin. I know for a fact that OmniTel have coverage all over Kilmessan. On the website their site covering Kilmessan is mislabeled (in Co.Meath) as "ferns" & has since been moved further to the west along the N3 around Tara direction, this site also covers Robinstown in meath. Also their coverage extends to a 10km radius not 3km. To double check this I have also rang their office & verified that this is still the case.

Hi Tiaman, can you tell me why Omnitel completely ignored my request to get Broadband in Robinstown? I sent in my forms (including direct debit), followed up with 3 phone calls and several emails. I did not hear anything back from them. Do they have a skeleton staff there?

Do you know if there is any other way to get broadband in Robinstown?

Well it only took longer than a 3rd world country would have but I have finally ordered Eircum broadband! Wh00t. My line was suitable for the 3meg or so the site said, so I've signed up...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now hopefully it wont be like getting the phone in all over again...hopefully I wont have to wait 9 months...:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

can you tell us exactly where the new kilmessan exchange is (it is a street cabinet somewhere). use this to get the long and lat

http://www.satsig.net/maps/satellite-tv-dish-pointing-uk-ireland.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5 motero

T-max wrote: »
    Has anyone else managed to get Broadband in Bective Lodge aside from the lucky previous posters on this thread?

I know someone who is still unable to get it through BT as BT say it is not available. They have quoted that I am aware of other people in area with it and they want details (ie: Phone number, Name etc.) but I know this won't work as others probably with Eircom and BT cannot access Eircom system...

As an aside, over the last week an Eircom Broadband van has been in and out of Bective Lodge a few times.. Could this mean change?

So, is there an answer anywhere in here??? can you get broadband in bectice lodge????
    eircom homepage...says they are delighted to inform...kilmessan has broadband...but kilmessan WESTmeath...? typo/typical of eircom uslessness? or is there another kilmessan??
    i put a kilmessan ph.no into their line check option...came up negative

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There is a new exchange ( well a cab anyway) in Kilmessan itself since November meaning much of the thread is irrelevant and that you should read it from 1st November onwards :D

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    There is a new exchange ( well a cab anyway) in Kilmessan itself since November meaning much of the thread is irrelevant and that you should read it from 1st November onwards :D

i did, but are only two ppl in this actual page stating Eircom broadishband, ..but not that they live in bective lodge,
    i aint interested in other bb suppliers, as..if you have a problem/linefault...they call eircom on your behalf..great, ..eircom man is only responsible for the line as far as your external wall.. and unless hes an ok dude..will walk away ..or charge ya a ton to check router or similar.. i know iv been down this road... some others may provide cheaper service, but..id rather a company that are accountable for any fault... not one that subs from them ...basically a middleman between you and the root of your prob...anyway, i digress...

eircom bb in bective lodge!!??? :confused: for defo ??

motero wrote: »
    i did, but are only two ppl in this actual page stating Eircom broadishband, ..but not that they live in bective lodge,
    i aint interested in other bb suppliers, as..if you have a problem/linefault...they call eircom on your behalf..great, ..eircom man is only responsible for the line as far as your external wall.. and unless hes an ok dude..will walk away ..or charge ya a ton to check router or similar.. i know iv been down this road... some others may provide cheaper service, but..id rather a company that are accountable for any fault... not one that subs from them ...basically a middleman between you and the root of your prob...anyway, i digress...

eircom bb in bective lodge!!??? :confused: for defo ??

I live in Bective Lodge on the Avenue and I got 3meg BB from Eircom up and running last Thursday!

Go to their website and sign up if you want it.

Shad0r wrote: »
    I live in Bective Lodge on the Avenue and I got 3meg BB from Eircom up and running last Thursday!

Go to their website and sign up if you want it.

cool, thats what i wanted to hear...maybe be in bective lodge in not to distant future if all goes to plan , thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nohatnoswim

Hi All,

I'm going to look at a house just outside Kilmessan this evening - it's on the road between Kilmessan and the Trim Road (R154).

What is the status of the Broadband services in the area ?

This house is new and has no phone line yet - so it would be a line install aswell as a broadband install with Eircom. I presume the wireless isn't an option down there yet ?

Cheers ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Anyone know if fixed-line is available in Kiltale?

Advertisement