Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Market Reseach Project HELP PLEASE

• 06-03-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi, Myself and my group have been asked to completed this assignment for Thursday. Can anyone help us as to which is the best way to answer this question. We have hit a brick wall in regards to what direction to follow.
    Its 2500 words and any help would be very much appricated.

Thank you very much :)

OVERVIEW:
    Your group will play the role of consultants employed by an Irish company to research the current status of third level private education in Ireland. Your task as consultants is to research the existing theory and formulate a report to the managing director informing them of your findings. Using the theory you have learned, you must conduct both primary and secondary research to fulfil your information needs.

OBJECTIVES:
    1. To demonstrate an understanding of, and an ability to use the key elements of the marketing research process for the purpose of decision-making.

2. To develop research and analytical skills.

ASSIGNMENT SPECIFICATION:
    You are required to:

1. Conduct detailed secondary research on the Irish third level private education market. Please exhaust all 9 categories of secondary external sources. The objective of this exercise is twofold: Firstly, to allow you to gain a full understanding of the key challenges within the Irish third level private education market and secondly to uncover areas for further investigation. (30 Marks)

2. Define the problem and develop a set of research objectives/hypothesis for your investigation. Please prioritise these objectives in terms of relevancy and importance to the market. (10 Marks)

3. Applying what you consider the most optimal form of research - qualitative or quantitative research (or you can use both), and with a sample of 5-20 units, you are required to undertake primary research. The purpose of this task is to identify if there is any relationship between your primary and secondary data. (50 Marks)

4. Present a summary of your research findings in a ten-minute formal class presentation. (Groups to be advised of presentation dates in advance) (10 Marks)
    (Total: 100 Marks)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I clicked on your post expecting to tick a few boxes. But it turns out to be like "97 all over again, the year I did my Leaving Cert. I suspect this is the reason why this is the first reply to your post ;)

I hope you and your buddies were able to pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Advertisement