Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop display queston

• 06-03-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

i recently got myself a new laptop, and im very very happy with it.

i got a 15.4" widescreen, and i have to admit, i didnt realise they were so bloody big!
    anyway, the max resolution for the display is 1400x800, fairly standard.

so my question is if the display is limited to the software, or to the actual hardware itself. im just wondering as there may be times when i want to higher resolution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pretty sure it is related to the hardware and next to impossible to upgrade the graphics on a laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You can't go higher than the actual number of pixels without invoking a scrolling desktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

pretty much what i figured.

no worries, i will be using as a desktop replacement anyway, so i will be using a higher res monitor most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

i recently got myself a new laptop, and im very very happy with it.

i got a 15.4" widescreen, and i have to admit, i didnt realise they were so bloody big!
    anyway, the max resolution for the display is 1400x800, fairly standard.

so my question is if the display is limited to the software, or to the actual hardware itself. im just wondering as there may be times when i want to higher resolution?

1400x800 is a weird size. Did you mean 1280x800?
    http://compreviews.about.com/od/video/a/NoteVidSpec.htm

* SVGA: 800x600
    * XGA: 1024x768
    * WXGA: 1280x800
    * SXGA: 1280x1024
    * SXGA+: 1400x1050
    * WXGA+: 1440x900
    * WSXGA+: 1680x1050
    * UXGA: 1600x1200
    * WUXGA: 1920x1200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

youre absolutely right!