Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got my hardware

Options
  • 06-03-2007 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Ok so on monday I got a hdd and mini sd card from komplett, came in a box and everything was grand, but today i got my ram and BULK sound card from overclockers in an enevelope and low and behold the installation cd for the card was broke in 2. The worst thing about is, is that so could have been the sound card, so anyone got a spare x-fi soundblaster install cd or will downloading all the software do.

Also anyone experience an rma with dabs, just wondering how long it will take.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Whats RMA? and id also like to know about the the dabs situation cause im going to be ordering 1400 euro worth of parts!

Most likely you will probably have to download them but thats not that bad?

Why don't you email overclockers and demand a cd? :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Basically I bought a zalman cpu cooler i got lazy didnt install it for a while and it didnt work and after 28 days you must send it back. They then send it on to the factory and get it repaired. Then it gets sent back to you

Funny thing is my zalman cooler was doing a better job not spinning than my stock intel cooler while spinning about 6 degrees--- CRAZY

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

I lost my CD and tried to download the drivers but i only got an update from the website which will not work unless you have the original cd.

Overclockers are after emailing me back and they have one in the post--talk about service

EDIT: Sorry but would any1 happen to have a molex to sata power adaptor or do they know how much they are in maplin

• Advertisement

So the zalman cooler I bought off dabs has to be didnt work so I requested a rma and they are due to pick it up today, Does anyone have any experience with this, are they relaible i.e will they come to pick it up or am i just waiting around aimlessly

Oh and my x-fi install cd came today, best thing i ever bought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

plonk wrote:
    Overclockers are after emailing me back and they have one in the post--talk about service
    I wouldn't hold my breath for it, I'm still waiting for a cd they "posted" in July 2004 to arrive.

Ya, So put in the hdd and its not coming up in my computer, comes up in bios and device manager

Heres a pic for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Go to your Control Panel -computer management-administrative tools-disc management and take it from there you will have to format the drive, takes forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

oh my rad hole looks good :D

Ya i have to buy fans for it. Other than that its a quality case for a quality price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If you still want the molex to sata power cable i have a few spare, Drop me a pm with ya addy and ill pop it in the post on tuesday. Or if you up in the big schmoke over the weekend we can arraneg to meet up.*

*not for a date....

No its ok, I found one, I got one with my first msi motherboard and forgot I had it cheers though

TonyM. wrote:
    Go to your Control Panel -computer management-administrative tools-disc management and take it from there you will have to format the drive, takes forever.

Thanks Got it working dont know how I didnt think of that. Getting my zalman cooler back from dabs on thursday so Ill have everything up and running properly then.

Advertisement