Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Texting to Australia

• 06-03-2007 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I've a friend in Australia that we were trying to txt each other, but it doesn't work. Not sure if it's my stupidity or if it's the world out to get me again.

I've a mobile that's on 3 Networks, if that means anything. The australian dialing code is 61 and I'm not sure how to actually txt her. Is it 0061... +0061... +61 or is it something else? I know her number is right, so i'm thinking it's the prefix that I'm messing up.

Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

+61 works for me from meteor. can you get texts from that end, if so just reply and it should work fine.

edit: or try from someone elses phone to see is it your phone/3 themselves who are the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

just checked there. they only have an agreement with 3 australia so if the person you're texting isn't on that network it won't work. you should probably join a proper network

you'll be happy to know they have an agreement with Azerbaijan but they overlooked australia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Yep 3 can only txt to 3 australia, bit of a pain, you could buy another network prepay sim and use that to txt to oz

just checked there. they only have an agreement with 3 australia so if the person you're texting isn't on that network it won't work. you should probably join a proper network

you'll be happy to know they have an agreement with Azerbaijan but they overlooked australia

sweet jesus! even meteor seem to have australia mostly covered! I had the same issues with friends in SE asia but once they got to oz everything seems ok..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 HereForDarts

If you are on the 3 network, you can call a landline in Australia as part of your inclusive minutes. This assumes that your talk plan includes UK numbers.

Try dialling 0044 845 2441 441, follow the instructions, and then dial the Australian number. (Dont press call after the australian number, or you will be charged for calling the Australian number)

I am on 3, and it works for me. The same number can be used to call US mobiles and landlines.

• Advertisement

If you are on the 3 network, you can call a landline in Australia as part of your inclusive minutes. This assumes that your talk plan includes UK numbers.

Try dialling 0044 845 2441 441, follow the instructions, and then dial the Australian number. (Dont press call after the australian number, or you will be charged for calling the Australian number)

I am on 3, and it works for me. The same number can be used to call US mobiles and landlines.

is this going to help in txting an Oz mobile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 HereForDarts

daveym wrote:
    is this going to help in txting an Oz mobile?

It mightn't do that, but a viable alternative to going out to buy a new sim, and the calls would be a damn sight cheaper than texting.

It mightn't do that, but a viable alternative to going out to buy a new sim, and the calls would be a damn sight cheaper than texting.

true enough, I didn't think mobiles were included as you said landlines in your first post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thanks for the replies, guys. Sure she'll be home in a month or two so until then email and the odd yahoo messenger conversation will do.

But I might plan a trip to Azerbaijan, though...

Advertisement