Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Darts Tournament Number 2 - Entry and Suggestions

• 06-03-2007 4:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So the last Boards Darts Tournamnet was a succes. It was held in the Silver Tassie pub in Loughlinstown Co. Dublin. We had 22 players on the day who played a minimum of three matches. There was a money prize for the top two players and there was also a number of spot prizes on the day.

The thread from the first tournament can be found below:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055041810

This tournament will be run in much the same way as the last tournament in that it will cost €10 to enter on the day. The format of the tournament will be changed slightly from the last day but everything else will be run in the same way.

This thread is for people to offer their suggestions on a date, venue and format for the second boards tournament. Personally I would suggest having it in the Silver Tassie again as it was such a success last time out.

Feel free to suggest away.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Yep the silver tassie for me too.

I may have 1 or 2 more players also.

I would be able to get use of the Farmhouse Lounge if you wanted a change of venue. They have 2 boards in the lounge and I'd have no probs getting use of those if it was a saturday afternoon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MBC wrote:
    I would be able to get use of the Farmhouse Lounge if you wanted a change of venue. They have 2 boards in the lounge and I'd have no probs getting use of those if it was a saturday afternoon.

I think we will probably have to have three or four boards this time out because the Tournament took alot longer than expected last time out with just the two boards. Well I think it took a bit too long anyway because some players had a long wait time between matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

To be honest I would prefer to play in a city centre or northside venue this time - I very much doubt if either of my mates would make the trek to (and ,most importantly , home from) Loughlinstown again , despite them both reaching the final last time out .
    No gripes here , we all really enjoyed the tourney (format needs tweaking as has been said but Paul did a great job in running it and the venue and their staff were great ) but its just too far for us Ballymunners . Could probably organise a few boards in the Fingal House in Finglas - would be a decent venue - though I suspect many members would prefer city centre ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Imagine how far it is for those of us on the west coast ;)

lol Ronan|Raven :D

I'd happily travel and do a B&B if there were sufficient numbers as long as I had enough shillings to do so ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Maybe mid April (week after Easter) would be the best. Tassie is a sound choice of venue too.

Is the 31st of March not the date - why did I think this was the date?:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

I had suggested the 31st March but the 14th of April would suit me also.

How about Saturday 14th April in the Silver Tassie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Are we getting any closer to a date/location ?

So is it 14th April in the Silver Tassie???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Ok lads so it looks like we are having a bit or trouble organising a date for this. Ill give this thread another few days where you lot can voice your opinions then ill just have to pick a date because its dragging on a bit.

That ok KingP35

Whatever date you pick is ok with me.

So will we go for the 14th April, gives everyone a bit of time to get organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

is that darts tournament still on saturday the 14th and if so can any one play in it and what is the format is it 501?

I'm hoping to make it to the tourney again , probably 2 of us and maybe 3 . Any idea of how many entrants there might be this time round ?

Lads I havent had the time to get this tournament organised because I have been to my eyeballs in work etc. Im afraid it wont be going ahead on the 14th because I wont be able to get it sorted in time.

Ill have to put this off for at least a few weeks. sorry for the disappointment.

do you have another date in mind, ill certainly enter this tournament and a few of my mates will as well

So what other dates are good for everyone else ?

I, sadly, am not going to be able to shoot on a Saturday until the beginning of June (2nd, and 9th) and full weekends starting the 16th.

That is probably too far off for everyone else's liking though.

We might need to get this going soon. Alas it is the time of year when darts loses it popularity and peoples interest is elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

nessyguin wrote:
    To be honest I would prefer to play in a city centre or northside venue this time - I very much doubt if either of my mates would make the trek to (and ,most importantly , home from) Loughlinstown again , despite them both reaching the final last time out .
    No gripes here , we all really enjoyed the tourney (format needs tweaking as has been said but Paul did a great job in running it and the venue and their staff were great ) but its just too far for us Ballymunners . Could probably organise a few boards in the Fingal House in Finglas - would be a decent venue - though I suspect many members would prefer city centre ...
    I tend to agree with nessyguin that the next tournamemt should be played out around northside/city centre.I work with a few lads form finglas and they were saying the Fingal House would be a good venue for the darts.Fair play to the lads who traveled out from the northside and made the effort.I think we should do the same.I'm sure at least 10 of the lads from the southside would turn up,we could organise a mini-bus to bring us over and back for 100-150 euro working out at about 10-15euro each .The more the cheaper.Its time to organise this lads come on!

• Advertisement

That sounds fair enough. Just say where and when and I will be there with a couple of mates.

Yep i'm on for it also.

yeah same here me and a few mates so just name a date and ill be there

Well it looks like we are coming back into my rotation at work where I may be available again.

Are there any provisional dates yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tas

i think the tassie good manager there all for darts would be willing to help

Advertisement