Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UML Design Program

Options
  • 06-03-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

hey i have a project at college where i have to use rational rose.

just wondering is there is a free alternative to this as i'd prefer to do this at home rather than at college?

the alternative must be able to import the file into rational rose as the lecturer is in love with the program :p.

cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Have you tried either of these? http://www.osalt.com/rational-rose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭markf909

You could try using the rather good Argo UML
    http://argouml.tigris.org/

If you export your rat rose file as XMI (assuming rat rose conform to the standard) then it is possible to recreate the UML in Argo. Not so sure that the diagram part is preserved though!

Another alternative is Umbrello UML which I use because of the decent C++ code gen features.

EDIT: OP linked to Argo also.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

You wouldnt happen to be doing Database Design in Trinity (Declin O'Sullivan always was mad into UML and Rational)? Anyways, when I had similar project back in college I just used the 20 day evaluation period to get the project done in Rational. Since then they've been bought by IBM so not sure if the demo is available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cheers all, will try out the suggestions tomorrow but now, it's rest time.

Advertisement