Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people kicking wing mirrors in Salthill...

Options
  • 06-03-2007 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

more a rant than anything...

why on earth do people think it's funny to kick off wing mirrors on parked cars at night? Seriously?

Happened all along St. Mary's Road, and I am so pissed off right now...

How drunk can you be to find this kinda stuff 'good craic'? Do these people wake up with a warm fuzzy feeling in their belly, knowing they've just cost a couple of car owners a good few bob to repair their mirrors? Are they hired by car dealers/garages? Is it cool, and do these people earn respect with their peers by boasting about wanton destruction? Is this a new form of exercise for idiots?

Just a couple of questions...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Its even better craic when you catch the little b@stards in the act!! Last guy that kicked a wing mirror off my car got the remains of it smashed into his face...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Yes I've had my car keyed on 3 seperate occassions outside my home, and lost the wing mirror once.

The cops don't give a sh*t either, last time I went into report it he took it down on the back of an envelope, and didn't even ask where it happened.

I think it's time to start hooking our cars up to the mains, so if any little rattish c*nt goes near them they get a nice little shock.

I dont know is it knacks or students, but I think it would be justifiable homocide if you caught the filthy vermin at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Got my wing mirror kicked off on eyre street bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Yip the quicker we get CCTV in all main streets the better. Catch these scumbags and have them put in cages in Eyre Square so we can laugh at them... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My mirrors are still intact *touch wood* but I live in the centre so it's just a matter of time I'm sure.
    A lot of people fold their path side mirror in when parked. Also push down the antenna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Antenna? That went a long time ago...

I'm just annoyed, they managed to damage the bracket and everything, so it'll be fairly expensive to get it fixed. Apart from the fact that I do need and use the mirror for driving...(actually, can the guards stop and fine ya for not having a wing mirror? Just curious...)

I like the mains idea...anything to hurt those little feckers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

I am in Co Dublin, its the same story. If you do not have a driveway or a garage your in trouble, the amount of cars keyed is unreal. My friend had her car jumped on, they kicked the windscreen until it was in on top of the seats. There are plans to put up cameras, because CCTV has been proven as the best defence. It will either deter them, or if they insist on doing it, you get a picture of them and someone always knows who they are !. Fridays and Saturdays are the worst in our area.

With the new DVR systems CCTV is cheaper to install, I have one on my property, cost 600 euros but is worth every penny !
    It copies everything to a hard disk and is motion activated so it records 40 days at a time.

yah I've been giving serious consideration to moving my PC closer to the window and sticking my cam on the street...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

galah wrote:
    How drunk can you be to find this kinda stuff 'good craic'? Do these people wake up with a warm fuzzy feeling in their belly, knowing they've just cost a couple of car owners a good few bob to repair their mirrors? Are they hired by car dealers/garages? Is it cool, and do these people earn respect with their peers by boasting about wanton destruction? Is this a new form of exercise for idiots?

I did it because you ran over my dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

the k*nts do it in cork as well...came out one morning and there was 3/4 cars in a line, and basically some fat ****, had walked over a few cars, foot prints/dents from bonnet-roof-boot, etc etc....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I'm not proud to say, that some of my friends do this. Sexually frustrated boozed up people with nothing to do/ride

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, you tell these friends if we ever catch them there will be hell to pay.
    "We just have to be lucky once, they have to be lucky all the time".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

biko wrote:
    My mirrors are still intact *touch wood*

who'd bother kicking wooden mirrors?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

dark room with window open enough to stick airgun through (on which I have an excellent scope). If after you partake in this activity near my house, and you get very painfull stinging sensations all over your person, you'll know that I have been watching you!!....

I did it because you ran over my dog.

well, I ran over your dog because it poops in front of my house...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

galah wrote:
    well, I ran over your dog because it poops in front of my house...

He was only fertalizing your grass! You should've been thankfull to little wuffles!

so not, since our grass is covered by street litter (but I'm not even going to be upset about that one, one rant per week is enough...)

HA!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Have had my wing mirrors kicked off twice in Woodquay and I always push them in.

Does my head in. I have a hurley just inside the front door and if I ever caught the feckers in the act he'd get a centre parting courtesy of my hurl.

I have a hurley just inside the front door and if I ever caught the feckers in the act he'd get a centre parting courtesy of my hurl.

I hope to god that I'm on the jury if you do, you'll be walking away from court a free man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Reminds me of a very funny time when a friend of mine started firstly inspecting, and eventually vandilizing an old car, accumulating in a climax of fear and dread as, his foot half way through the windshield, he realised that the 'abandoned car' was not so much abandoned as it was just a banger, with two guys running down the lane with hurls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Reminds me of an old banger at the back of my mates house that we used to beat the ****e outta and throw stones at. The owner caught us and went mad, in case we hurt ourselves or whatever. So he got his tractor and proceeded to drag it on it's roof down the rood, in a fury of twisting and scaping metal.
    All the neighbours were out, to afraid and shocked to speak. Funniest thing I've seen.:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

You do not **** with another man's vehicle.

Any assclown who's ever vandalised a car has no idea how much proper bodywork costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I caught 2 guys messing with my alloys one night in Lower Salthill, and came out of my flat with a replica gun. One of the ones with a mag that clips into place and a working slide

The smell that followed them up the street was unreal!!!

Came up behind another guy one night who was messing with my car, and got him right between the legs with my steel toes size 12.

I remember a guy trying to rip the mirror off one of my friends cars one night; I was working across the road on the door of a pub. The skinny little lager lout went into a shop and started causing trouble, only to be lifted out by the collar by my 6'6" friend and bounced off every available kerb and wall!!! Was soooooo funny at the time!!!

Those stories have positively made my day Fey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

nothing worse than those shams who stalk salthill kcickin the **** out of 14 year olds..and cars

just heard from my mechanic, that f*cking wing mirror will cost me 60 Euro (excluding the installation). Great.

Hope those idiots grow up one day and will experience the same...

Seriously, if I ever catch those bastards...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

galah wrote:
    Hope those idiots grow up one day and will experience the same...

They will grow up and the next generation of little a$$ goblins will be kicking the mirrors off their cars.

Advertisement