Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

draughts through the floorboards

• 06-03-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

hi, we have an 100yr old house & in bedroom upstairs there is awful draughts comming up through the gaps in the floor boards. is there anything we we do to remedy this without resorting to carpeting or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you identified where the air might be getting in?
    Would re-pointing the brick/stone work remove any holes where the air may be getting in at the upstairs floor level?

Also try speaking with insulation contractors to see if your floor would be suitable for pumping insulation between the floorboards & the ceilings below.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭renedescartes

Hi dsn,
    there is a product called "Gapseal" which is made for this purpose. It is fairly inexpensive £20 per 50mtrs. Its a plastic strip that is folded and inserted into the gap works a treat.
    cheers
    michael

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brendash

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I can buy old floor boards. I need to repair some floor boards that were damaged during renovation.

Thanks

Advertisement