Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squeaking noise from clutch pedal.

Options
  • 06-03-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I have noticed lately that sometimes when I use the put my foot down on the clutch I get a squeaking noise and again when I release the pedal! It doesn't always happen.

I guess it could be some sort of spring under the pedal or something like that.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Could be just in need of a bit of oil/grease.

If it's a VW it could be the clutch master cylinder which has been known to squeak from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

crosstownk wrote:
    Could be just in need of a bit of oil/grease.

If it's a VW it could be the clutch master cylinder which has been known to squeak from time to time.

Nah its a Mazda. It must be awkward to get under the pedal to apply oil?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

this , this and now this..

You need a garage, not an internet forum :)

It hasn't been serviced in 2yrs, I'm surprised it's only the clutch that's squeaking.

It's dangerous leaving a car for that long without getting it checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Sparks400 wrote:

It hasn't been serviced in 2yrs, I'm surprised it's only the clutch that's squeaking.

Damn you bet me too it, exactly what I was going to say.

Sparks400 wrote:

Yea I know! I have been neglecting my little baby! I will get it all sorted over the next few weeks!

I may also need a new roof aswell as I have noticed lately some condensation on my windows.

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote:
    Yea I know! I have been neglecting my little baby! I will get it all sorted over the next few weeks!

I may also need a new roof aswell as I have noticed lately some condensation on my windows.

lmao, that's probably caused by a leaky cabin radiator. This mechanic is going to retire after your job :D

Sparks400 wrote:
    lmao, that's probably caused by a leaky cabin radiator. This mechanic is going to retire after your job :D

You reckon? I thought there maybe a little air getting in through the roof somewhere.

py2006 wrote:
    You reckon? I thought there maybe a little air getting in through the roof somewhere.

I don't know, I was only half serious. This happened me (steamy windows). It was caused by the cabin radiator leaking. Check the coolant level, if it's low it might be a sign, top it up and keep an eye on it. Also, check the carpet on both sides at your feet, sometimes it leaks on to it.

Sparks400 wrote:
    I don't know, I was only half serious. This happened me (steamy windows). It was caused by the cabin radiator leaking. Check the coolant level, if it's low it might be a sign, top it up and keep an eye on it. Also, check the carpet on both sides at your feet, sometimes it leaks on to it.

Great stuff, I will do! I am learning lots of new things today! :D

I haven't a clue about cars....or had you noticed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Is this the MX5 again ? ;)

Three things can make the clutch pedal squeak:

- get under the dash and oil the pivot of the clutch pedal

- where the slave-cylinder touches the lever coming out of the gearbox (can be seen through the driver's side wheel arch), put some grease on there. When there's no grease, you get a chirping noise which stops when you put a little pressure on the clutch pedal with your foot.

- clutch release bearing needs replaced :-O If this is bust, then it usually makes a screeching noise. Hurts yer wallet too

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote:

I haven't a clue about cars....or had you noticed?

Nah, never noticed. :D

BTW, you might need to get the flux capacitor checked too. ;)

Sparks400 wrote:
    Nah, never noticed. :D

BTW, you might need to get the flux capacitor checked too. ;)

Haha, I doubt even my little MX5 can go back to the future! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

franksm wrote:
    - where the slave-cylinder touches the lever coming out of the gearbox (can be seen through the driver's side wheel arch), put some grease on there. When there's no grease, you get a chirping noise which stops when you put a little pressure on the clutch pedal with your foot.
    If the noise if from in the engine bay, this is most likely the cause. Every car I've ever owned with a hydraulic clutch has had this "problem" at one stage or another. Fortuntely it's a 30 second fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Does a civic coupe have a hydraulic clutch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Nuttzy wrote:
    Does a civic coupe have a hydraulic clutch?
    It does indeed, and my old Civic Coupe had the squeak!
    The rubber boot on the slave cylinder on the front of the gearbox will usually have split, which is handy, as you can stick your finger in with a bit of grease on it and grease up the pivot and fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

my volvo s40 has the squeak, with the radio on i never notice it.. maybe just needs oiling or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Get it serviced !

I dread to think what kind of condition the engine is in if you haven't changed the oil in that amount of time !

If you have no clue about cars then you should spend the extra to compensate for your ignorance :) Or get a book.

Advertisement