Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floodlit Areas in North City

Options
  • 06-03-2007 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I was just wondering does anyone know of anywhere in the north of the city that has football pitches that are lit at night? I know of Phoenix park, Fairview, Albert college park, Donnycarney/Whitehall and St Annes but are any of these lit at night? I will be on my own just incase anyone thinks I will be turning up with a team of some description!

Even if it was just grass that was lit up I would be happy with. I used to run on the roads and footpaths but my knee is screwed and only likes to run on grass now the picky bugger.

Any help appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

St. vincents gaa club its just off the malahide road near the firebrigde training center. im sure they wouldnt mind you doing laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Driving through Baldoyle this evening I noticed the football club there now has floods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

ANXIOUS wrote:
    St. vincents gaa club its just off the malahide road near the firebrigde training center. im sure they wouldnt mind you doing laps.

The probably would mind. They own that pitch (eg. not owned by council as far as i know) and at this time of year pitches are very wet and damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Thanks for the replies.

I ended up going to St. Clares on the Ballymun road which was the perfect situation.
    Its lit in certain areas enough for you to run and its dark enough that a team couldn't train properly there so it wasn't busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

DCU sports grounds :)

I was gonna suggest there, glad ya found it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement