Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Trubine article on Travellers

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spectator#1

I like satire, but I don't the satirical bits.

I'm sorry, that's all I saw when I read your post there.

Had it occurred to you that the 'bigoted and hyperstereotypical' element you refer to was in fact the satirical bit?

EDIT: I thoroughly enjoyed that link you provided, especially this:

onion_imagearticle2962.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Janacopolis

Had it occurred to you that the 'bigoted and hyperstereotypical' element you refer to was in fact the satirical bit?

It had, but that doesn't mean it was in any way witty or fresh. As you can see in that post, I duly noted the fact that it was satire and that it wasn't in question, what was stated is that it was CRAP satire!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It might well be crap satire, but it's satire nonetheless, so it doesn't need an apology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

It had, but that doesn't mean it was in any way witty or fresh. As you can see in that post, I duly noted the fact that it was satire and that it wasn't in question, what was stated is that it was CRAP satire!
    The opinion that the quality of the article is poor is irrelevant.* It's a volunteer publication and the people involved are largely young and inexperienced, the same as any other club or society activity. We don't have a thread here every time a bad article is published no more than we have one every time a superleague referee makes a bad call.
    The question is about the substance of the article, not the quality.

*Aside: As it happens I don't agree with you that the article was badly written but, like I said, that's irrelevant.

Advertisement