Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puppy training galway

Options
  • 06-03-2007 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

i'm looking for a good training school or trainer in galway city. i have a 5month old jack russell cross (lab maybe?). my boyf and i took him from a friend when he was 2 months old. neither of us realised just how hard it is to train him. he know a few things but we definately need help. i want to stop any behavioural problems while i can and i don't want to be the cause of him being aggressive or wild because we didnt train him properly. at the moment he's a bit too hyper (i know he's very young but in comparison to his sisters he's very hyper) and we may not be able to keep him if we cant train him properly. i bring him for walks with my family dog and he's very aggresive to her even though they see each other nearly every day. my family dog is 6yrs old, retriever/setter and is very quiet and mannerly. she gives him great exercise when out walking but i feel sorry for her because he is always jumping on her and biting her coat. any advice on this would be appreciated. i would prefer an indepth training course if possible.
    thanks, sorry for the long post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TOUCHSTONEBGLS

At 5 mo old is he biting at her coat in a playfull way or does it seem aggressive? Has the other dog made any attempt to correct the pup or is she very submissive? Aggression should not be tollerated to any extent. The pup should be scolded for the improper behavior. The more times the pup gets away with the wrong behavior the harder it will be to correct. The dogs should only be together if you are present and the bad behavior should be corrected immediately when it occurs. May need to keep the pup on a leash or long line to be effective. The terrier is probably more active and has more attitude than you may be use to but they can be fun pets to own. Best of luck. Dan

Advertisement