Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless connection problem

• 06-03-2007 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Can someone tell me where I enter the 'default gateway' address for my wireless connection.

My laptop connects to the wireless router, and it tells me I have the eircom connection, but IE is not connecting to any pages.

My other laptop connects fine, and the only difference I can see is that there is no default gateway address assigned.

one more thing - in the 'support' tab of the wireless connection status, the address type is set to 'manually configured', but on the laptop that 'orks' it is set to 'assigned by DHCP'.

Appreciate any help you can give...

****tis ok now - got it sorted - I had to click 'automatically obtain addresses' or something like that....anyway tis working now.... ***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭tomster

laptop which is not working, i presume xp os:

click start>
    go to control panel>
    go to network and internet connections (or network connections)>
    right click on Wireless Network conection>
    choose Properties from the menu>
    in the box "this connection uses the following items" find TCP/IP, click on that and click Properties button>>>
    tick "Obtain an IP address automatically">>
    click OK

should solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 silverdarcy

I'm having the same problem but I did all that and its set to automatic and still wont connect to the internet.

Anyone any thoughts?

its a new laptop and its windows vista. The other two laptops in the house all run fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

If you dont get an IP from DHCP and your other Laptops or clients are fine then check the security/encryption settings on said non-working laptop.

Failing that check if your wireless router has setting for limiting amount of clients connected.

Advertisement