Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M3 concept

Options
  • 06-03-2007 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Released today in Geneva. It will definitely have the N/A V8 based on the M5/M6 V10. BMW have not released the power output yet. Plenty of agression there:

623aa5ba096a816e3d7909092e1e9dc4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Not too bad looking ...for a 3-series :p

But that shut line on the door in relation to the sill looks just wrong ...like the door was an afterthought

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Nice car. I'd say it will look even more amazing in the flesh. Not crazy about te poer bulge on the bonnet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

kikel wrote:
    Nice car. I'd say it will look even more amazing in the flesh. Not crazy about te poer bulge on the bonnet though.

They are just trying to make it look as fast as a Ford Capri. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Doesn't look as aggressive as the outgoing one, which is a shame. I like the new 3 series coupe, but there is something not right about how this looks, although I'm sure it'd be better in the metal.

Saying that, if I had the cash I'd have and E46 M3 CSL, a mint MkII Golf GTI 16v or this Merc to get around in and a nice holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

The bonnet and M3 gills and lower bumper are horrible. The rest is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

NiSmO wrote:

No a V8 based on the V10 of the M5/6. Will be about 400-420 I reckon.......................

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ughh, would prefer an S5.

Actual pics from Geneva here if you scroll down, and it looks a lot better, although I think it could stand bigger wheels

Gatster wrote:
    Actual pics from Geneva here if you scroll down, and it looks a lot better, although I think it could stand bigger wheels

not too bad there, could do without the bonnet bulge but otherwise ok. is that a carbon roof or a paint finish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Gatster wrote:
    Doesn't look as aggressive as the outgoing one, .

You what?? :D

I have an E46 M3 - and as standard its nowhere near as aggressive looking as this imo! Doesn't have a carbon fibre roof or semi slicks either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 finnykid

Ya I will have one of these. Of course the reality is that it will be 15 years before i can afford one. Agree with peasent about the door line.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Gatster wrote:
    Actual pics from Geneva here if you scroll down, and it looks a lot better

I agree. It looks better in those pics
    Gatster wrote:
    although I think it could stand bigger wheels

Aren't they 19" already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

looks like a honda from the back :D

I think the M3 CSL looks more aggresive than this, the 'normal' M3 is as aggresive as the new IMO, although I'll reserve full judgement until I see a new one. Carbon roof on this one, they are unsure if it will make it to production (options list :rolleyes: ). They are 19" wheels, but on the side profile shots they look a little lost I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Is there plans to fit new style wheels to the E92 M3?

I love the E46 CSL wheels fitted, I just thought they would have put some effort into the new M3 :confused:

Looks well in the motorshow photo's link above.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I like it apart from the bonnet bulge, needs bigger wheels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Sparks400 wrote:
    I like it apart from the bonnet bulge, needs bigger wheels too.

The bulge is there for very valid space reasons - I wouldn't complain if I was a prospective buyer... hmmmm, V8 :eek:

ciarsd wrote:
    The bulge is there for very valid space reasons - I wouldn't complain if I was a prospective buyer... hmmmm, V8 :eek:

starts to make sense now.

ciarsd wrote:

surely they can't meet the new pedestrian regs if they actually needed to bulge the bonnet like that to make room
    for the engine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Mayshine wrote:
    No a V8 based on the V10 of the M5/6. Will be about 400-420 I reckon.......................

Yeah, I think the full 507hp from the M5/6 V10 would be a bit mad in an M3. With a 400bhp expected in this beast, it will still have twice the power of the original M3. (200bhp). Wheres it all going to end?

I like it, but the E30 looks better with grey cross spoke rims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Saw pics of it being driven in some recent BMW mag and it looked much slicker than the pics shown here. FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Mayshine wrote:
    Will be about 400-420 I reckon.......................

That's what is mostly suggested in the press. I have a (totally unfounded) suspicion it might be a little bit more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'm not overly impressed, its not nearly aggressive enough for an M3. Saw a new shape 3-Series coupe in the metal for the first time today and it really does look as if the door was an afterthought.

Best lookin M3 ever in pic attached!

Andrewf20 wrote:

Very nice car alright. Mondello?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Andrewf20 wrote:
    Best looking M3 ever in pic attached!
    Agreed - I'd love to own/drive one at some stage but i imagine they are only getting harder and harder to get now.

I think the concept is pretty nice, not sure about that bulge its just to obvious or to hight or something else that makes it look awkward .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Andrewf20 wrote:
    Boring!! Not another poster who thinks the old boxy 3 series were the best. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sparks400 wrote:
    Very nice car alright. Mondello?

U got it in one.

Advertisement