Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Side bets and things.

Options
  • 06-03-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭

Do any of you have any sort of side bet things going on while you're bowling? A gang of us used to get into a game after the leagues had finished in Crumlin on one night of the week, and play a game. Every time you failed to make a spare you had to put 10 pence ( €0.126973 ;) )into the "pot". The winner of the game took it all. Great fun and very, very, very competitive.

Any more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Nice thread :)

Yep, we used to have a 'Turkey shoot' bet :) Basically if one of us got two strikes in a row then obviously we were up for a Turkey (3-in-a-row). Pressure on :D

So to make it more interesting we used to say that if the player missed the strike he had to put £1 into our league-team kitty which was used to buy drinks when the league came to an end.

It was reduced to 50p if he made a spare :)

Also, for us, failure to make a split (even a 7-10) meant paying 30p into the kitty.

We also had spontaneous bets such as 'buying a bar from the vending machine' if we made a particularly difficult spare. Simple but good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

DubTony wrote:
    Do any of you have any sort of side bet things going on while you're bowling? A gang of us used to get into a game after the leagues had finished in Crumlin on one night of the week, and play a game. Every time you failed to make a spare you had to put 10 pence ( €0.126973 ;) )into the "pot". The winner of the game took it all. Great fun and very, very, very competitive.

Any more?

you poker players, bringing your degeneracy into bowling pfft :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

GETDEFACKOUTTAHERE !!!!

I was mixing bowling and gambling before you were even out of nappies. KID!! :D

(Mods ... its ok. We know each other. In fact, I think he's stalking me) ;)

[mod warning]If this is another "Poker players trolling the smaller forums" game akin to the "mustard forum game" be prepared for long site bans from Ecksor [/mod warning]

If not, welcome to Bowling, we aim to please...but not pleasure you :D Keep posting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

r3nu4l wrote:
    [mod warning]If this is another "Poker players trolling the smaller forums" game akin to the "mustard forum game" be prepared for long site bans from Ecksor [/mod warning]
    far from it, dubtony seems to be quite the avid bowler!

I just sneaked in for a browse when I saw the link, might get into the game myself.

esp. if there's a bit of side action going on!

• Advertisement

Cool :)

Go for it and get those bets on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

far from it, dubtony seems to be quite the avid bowler!

Used to be quite the avid bowler. Left knee is shot. Hence, no bowling. Damned shame. I was pretty good too. Even if I do say so myself.

BTW, checked out that Mustard forum. I guess everybody's got different interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 glen290

Myself and my team mate do penny a pin on the nights series, some weeks its pretty close, but last week I took over £1.50 off him, he wsnt too impressed..

Advertisement