Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Twingo - will we get it?

Options
  • 06-03-2007 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not as funky as the concept, but the new Twingo to be released in Geneva this week is still quite hip:

07.jpg

Will we get it here? I feel that not selling a RHD version of the original Twingo was a mistake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

unkel wrote:
    Not as funky as the concept, but the new Twingo to be released in Geneva this week is still quite hip:

Will we get it here? I feel that not selling a RHD version of the original Twingo was a mistake
    I dunno. Unlike the French, I don't think most Irish people would have the self-confidence to buy a car like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well, small cheap FIATs have sold well here, so I can't see why a Twingo wouldn't. Probably mainly female buyers, but tbh I wouldn't mind having a good go in the 100BHP 1.2 turbo 'round the twisties :D

Or maybe Renaultsport will have a go at it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

It seems to have lost all its usefuleness during its re-incarnation.

Where's the boot gone?

I'd much rather have the old version in RHD, thankyouverymuch.

This is just another weird looking supermini, nothing original about it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Since the C1/Aygo/1007 came out I'd imagine they will sell it here now. The clio is nearly as big as the old megane at this stage so this will be a smaller segment anyway, that didnt seem to exist outside the chinqeucento when the first twingo came out."citycars" seem to be all the rage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

The Twingo has been available since I992. I have seen a few twingo's over here re-registered. There was one that was imported new in 97 and is still driving around. All Left hand drive. As for the Clio, well there was a saloon version available in eastern europe and I have seen a few of those over here called the Thalia, just a clio with a boot added and the bee-sting aerial is now replaced by a front mounted aerial above the windscreen. There is also a Clio estate to be launched soon, competition for the Peugeot 207 SW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The new Twingo will be available in RHD http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/224395/ Thats not to say it will come here though, but I would find it hard to believe if they didnt sell it here. I dunno if it would be a great success either way here. I think that cars below the size of the Clio, Fiesta etc don't sell well at all in this country. If you go to the continent you will see that little cars(I mean Fiat Pandas and the like) are very popular compared to here, while here we're going for bigger(though not necessarily better) cars; just look at all the 4X4s here now (particualarly the big ones like the Volvo XC90, Land Rovers)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Looking at it realistically, cars this size sold very well here in the past.....The 70s Starlets and Fiestas, Renault 5 were all around the same size as the AYGO et al and this too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The Aygo seems to be selling pretty well here, and the Cinquecento, Seicento, Ford Ka, Hyundai Atoz and Daewoo Matiz have been popular enough too so I don't see any reason why people think "city cars" don't sell in Ireland.

It seems to have lost any sort of character it used to have though. The new one just looks like any other Renault. Meh.

Advertisement