Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roofing an old cottage

Options
  • 06-03-2007 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi - I recently bought a very old cottage in the Meath area with a galvanised roof. Does anyone know of any good roofers out there or any suggestions on doing something like this on a budget.
    Its starting to leak in two areas so at least two walla are getting damp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

batman1998 wrote:
    Hi - I recently bought a very old cottage in the Meath area with a galvanised roof. Does anyone know of any good roofers out there or any suggestions on doing something like this on a budget.
    Its starting to leak in two areas so at least two walla are getting damp
    Hey there,
    I am demolishing an old cottage in the next few months and will have aload of concrete roof tiles (brown in colour - painted a year ago with special roof tile paint). Cottage built in 1950s so tiles suit cottage. In the louth area so not too far away and will certianly see you right if this is the way you want to go....
    PM me if interested.
    Gibo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

chances are if its old with a galvanized roof it has tatch underneath, the damp on the walls may not be from the roof

Advertisement