Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Libby Guilty on four counts...

Options
  • 06-03-2007 7:09pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6424319.stm
    A former key White House official, Lewis Libby, has been found guilty of obstruction of justice and perjury.

Libby, ex-chief of staff to Vice-President Dick Cheney, faces a prison term of up to 25 years. He will be sentenced in June.

He was accused of lying to the FBI and a grand jury over revelations about CIA agent Valerie Plame's identity.

Libby's lawyer said they were "very disappointed" at the verdict, and would ask for a new trial, or would appeal.

I have fox news on in the background here specially to see their reaction to this.
    I'm getting a Birmingham six vibe from their coverage :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmm I can't see being hung out of an upstairs window by his ankles somehow. That would mess his hair up.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

|Na,

he'll get a pardon from Bush and a job with Halliburton.

Who said crime pays?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I like the way its reported that his lawyer would ask for a new trial as though there were a fly in his soup and he wants a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

I don't think it should be illegal to out a CIA agent, I think it a citizens duty. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

citizen of Iran maybe. Outing a CIA operative gets people killed.

I saw a news report that Bush said that pardons won't be on the cards. Also oddly enough Cheny takes a hospital visit around the same time. He isn't out of the woods either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

LOL Fox news reported Scooter Libby as NOT guilty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

Bush will simply pardon him, QED. That’s how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Scigaithris

Hobbes wrote:
    LOL Fox news reported Scooter Libby as NOT guilty. :)
    LOL too! As a source of (mis)information, Fox News serves as comic relief! As does their O'Reilly Factor "No spin zone." They are so far to the right, with a sneeze, they could fall off their flat world!

Advertisement