Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maths pre 2007

Options
  • 06-03-2007 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Oh god! I attempted paper 1 today and it was really difficult! It was the first time in my life i have seen simultaneos equations involving indices! I have paper 2 tomorow and i cannot afford to fail it!! If anyone has done this paper can you please help and tell me a few things that come up! I cant to pass maths because i need honours for my course in UNI and if i fail i have to go back to pass, they wont let me stay in honours!!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP IF YOU GOT THIS PRE PAPER!!

Comments

weluvujoe wrote:
    they wont let me stay in honours!!!

Given that it's your life, your Leaving Cert and it's your choice at the end of the day... what if when they say "you should drop back to pass", you say "no"?

On the topic though, best of luck with Paper II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hopkirk

weluvujoe wrote:
    Oh god! I attempted paper 1 today and it was really difficult! It was the first time in my life i have seen simultaneos equations involving indices! I have paper 2 tomorow and i cannot afford to fail it!! If anyone has done this paper can you please help and tell me a few things that come up! I cant to pass maths because i need honours for my course in UNI and if i fail i have to go back to pass, they wont let me stay in honours!!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP IF YOU GOT THIS PRE PAPER!!
    Theres is some info on this thread, not sure if this is the paper though. Are you doing Examcraft or DEB?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055059509

Plus you don't have to do pass, Its up to you to decide what level you want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 weluvujoe

Hey thanks for replying. I know i can take the honours paper if i wish, but they are not willing to teach me in school. As far as i can see from the thread i have DEB papers and they are all speaking of the examcraft papers,,any extra infor ya have wud be great. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

Quoting someone else

The Circle was hard enough, you needed to use division of a line segment for line segment to get a point on the circle. There was some weird question bout 2 circles that go through a pt that is in tangent to another circle.

The Line part (c) was linear transformations. There was also a question involving Distance from a point to a line in another part.

A part (c)'s in trig was:

Write Cos3x+Cosx as a product
    Hence Solve Cos 3x+Cosx+Cos2x=0

Part (b) was a 3D triangle problem was weird. figured out afterward it was a right angle triangle

The only proof was Sin2A=2TanA/1+Tan^2A.
    Then you were given Sin2A= 3/4, Find A.

P&S
    (a) 10 people in a group, 5 chosen to go to party, 3 are then chosen to go to cinema. Remaining 2 go shooping, What is the number of possible combinations

Part (C)'s of the prob Q's were:
    (C1)
    A Bag contains 5 red, 4 blue and 6 white, Marbles drawn out without replacement, What is prob that
    (i) First Marble is not Blue
    (ii)The first Red marble drawn is the third marble drawn
    (iii) The First 3 marbles are different Colours
    (iv) At lease one Blue Marble is drawn amongst the first Four marbles drawn.
    (C2)
    One Set is: a,b,c,d
    The mean of this set is X(with the dash on top) and the Standard Deviation is _ (that Symbol that looks like an O)

(i) Express in terms of X(with the dash on top) the mean of the set; 1-a, 1-b,1-c, 1-d,
    (ii) Express in terms of the standard Dev of the first set the deviation of; 1-a, 1-b,1-c, 1-d,

In the Diff Equation of one part(B) you need to use sum and Prod Of Roots.
    The other part(B) was about Days of the week and the prob of people having the same birthday on a day or not etc.....

Q8,(A) easy ratio test to show series is convergent
    (B) Integration by parts of: S LogeXdx
    the second part you were given S LogeXdx = 1, with the integrals "K" and "0" and you had to find "K"

(C) Something about a ladder, I'll try and describe the diagram:
    It was essentially a right angled triangle with the Hyp=10, and the orther two sides X and Y.

(i) express area of the triangle in terms of X
    (ii) The value of X which gives the max area
    (iii)Find Max Area.

I got that paper this morning. I know the person who said that said it was examcraft but im 99% sure its DEB, cuz all my other papers have definetly being DEB cuz iv seen it on the box that they came in.
    On paper 1 the differentiation proof was 1/x and the last part of integratin was the volume of a sphere. i also had indices simultanous equation 3^-1 equal 1/3 by the way.

Hope this helps

^
    That was me:p , I don't think that Paper was DEB, I'm sure it was Examcraft. All my other papers were examcraft and I even saw the CD's for my Irish and German listening and they both said examcraft on them. So I'm pretty sure my school gets examcraft.

All the same try those questions out. Even if they don't come up it would be good practice.

• Advertisement

Ya im not to sure if that paper was DEB either, i think i teacher might of given us two different papers from two different companies just to be mean. It would be something she wud do to us. I know my other papers were DEB though......did u have the paper one with first principles of 1/x?

thanks 4 posting the above thing anyway, i came accross it last night and learnt my sin2A proff properly!!!

Not sure about first principles of 1/x, but I'm almost positive my paper was examcraft,

Hopkirk wrote:
    Not sure about first principles of 1/x, but I'm almost positive my paper was examcraft,

Your right!! sorry bout the confusion. Our teacher was evil enough to give us 2 different papers from two different companies I found out today....she proably heard us talking bout another school having the same papers as us and to prevent us from cheating gave us another paper.

Well at least i failed with some dignity(I think) I got the part b correct of the triginometry question :) Any one who needs any of the questions from the DEB maths paper I have em. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 revolutioN

^ are the DEB papers the blue ones?

• Advertisement

if the paper is blue it means its ordinary level,,,,,

Advertisement