Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steering the drop pods in BF2142.

Options
  • 06-03-2007 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

How do you steer the drop pods (from the spawn beacons)in BF2142? I see poeple getting up on buildings by sterring the drop pods, but I cant do it.

I use the normal direcionall buttons "wasd" but it does not seem to do much. can anyone tell me how to do it.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Spinning it with the mouse, gets some directional movement but not much. There was a bug where if you turned up the mouse sensitivity, you could fly all over the map, 1.20 ended that.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I find if you spin the pods by moving the mouse as quickly as possible over the length of the mousepad in 1.2 patch it no longer "hovers" like it used to it just spins it wildly to a random location - some consider it a glitch but it is possible with a bit of luck to correctly pod up onto certain hard to reach places - rooftop s of belgrade/gibraltar.

Its main use for me now is if i have a moron squad leader who leaves beacons beside enemy walkers and stuff i can spin the pod out of harms way for a good distance away from the predetermined location

AFAIK using the WASD keys has no influence on where a squad leader pod lands

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It can depend alot of the time on where you place the squad becon. I have seen whole squads on camp gibraltar (the ruins) especially and it can be a curse of a place to get inside. It could be a glitch that allows you to position the becon so close to the buildings. If you check youtube Im sure they give some clues away as to how they do it;). Spinning pods however has little or no effect, however in 1.10 patch there was an apc glitch that allowed you to spin wildly about the whole map by entering a few commands in the console Im sure PB is well aware of this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Any chance you can link me to some of those videos? I cant find them.

Any chance you can link me to some of those videos? I cant find them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffB6ZwHuJME

• Advertisement

LOL that doesn twork with the new patch any more does it??

Thats not what I was actually talking about originally though. I was talking baout maybe moving 4 or 5 feet so that you can land on a building top witch you couldnt otherwise land on.

No thankfully that doesnt happen anymore. :o I dont know for sure that there are similar squad pod glitches as mentioned above in 1.20 patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Face away from the direction you want to go and keep making semi-circles with your mouse, works for me!

Cheers man i'll try that the next time I play .:)

Advertisement