Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying Car Within Next Few Days: Advice?

Options
  • 06-03-2007 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Got a Megane Coupe checked last night by mechanic.

Haggled with the seller and got a good price on it.

Shes bringing it up to me some night soon.

What do I need/should I ask her before I part with my cash?

- Tax Book
    - Keys

What else?

Thanks all! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Just on the keys, make sure that there are two of them and test them both! Because if you don't have a working spare key it is not a simple job to get one "cut"

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

Thanks brian, actually she DOESNT have two... only one. I was warned about this but I think Ill take the chance with one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I would also look for photo ID that she is who she says she is and this matches the one in the log book. Also she shouldn't give you the log book it's her responsibility to fill in the details and post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

Thanks tipsy, so she fills in the log book? What if she give me that to do, just fill it in myself and shoot it off -- that simple?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

silverwex wrote:
    What do I need/should I ask her before I part with my cash?

- Tax Book
    - Keys

What else?

Service book with stamps to check service history.

Simple things like stereo unlock code (might be needed later) should be on a card with car manual and other bits in glove box.

As a bonus, any other records of work done, services carried out on your new motor.

And check for a spare tyre just in case.... you never know....

• Advertisement
Advertisement