Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So my 360 just died, what now?

• 06-03-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so my console just died what's the number for microsoft support?

This really should be a sticky, so your console just died, what now?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

CLose your eyes and keep pressing the buttons. Just imagine the greatest game ever and you're on the end of level boss.
    There. I have saved you a fortune on new games. And electricity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

while i did laugh the rage hasn't gone away

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Im sorry. If it helps I actually felt bad enough about my meanness to go and get a phone number for you.
    1800509186 is the number I got from any one of the other million threads about this. Hard luck, but at least u get a nice shiny new one. If u read some of the other threads, people seem to have had a lot of success with quoting the sale of goods and supply of services act and demanding a supervisor and a NEW system immediately as well as a compensatory game. I would read some of the other threads on here for specifics if I were you. U dont want to go up against bill gates without a strategy. Unless its a game involving some basic amount of intelligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Pilot Wings

Get a PS3 instead!!!!!!!!!!

don't sweat it man i was only kidding,

so I rang customer support anyway and they're mailing me a thing so I can ring a guy to pick it up

Does anyone know if I send the hard drive off with it?

• Advertisement

Get a PS3 instead!!!!!!!!!!

in the initial stages of rage blackouts i considered it but then when the oxygen returned to my brain i quickly came to the realisation that i would be stupid to get one this early (also I have this hate Sony thing going)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

only send your hard drive off if you're backing your gamertag and savegames on a mate's 360 (using a memory card). Otherwise, keep it and don't lose your data. The only problem we've come across is with oblivion save games when you stick the downloaded content into a different machine other than it was downloaded on.

i'll just keep the harddrive so, thanks for the advice

oh yeah what type of box did you guys put this in? just a simple plain brown box or what?? any padding?

Can you get envelopes big enough with those protective bubbles inside to fit a 360??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

am.... are ye supposed to fill in and send of that card that came in the box to get the support or will the till receipt do?
    actually hope i still have the receipt somewhere ...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Vegeta you need to include the hard drive it's a premium 360 you bought. If it's a core you can hold on to the hard drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

How long have you had the console?

kensutz wrote:
    Vegeta you need to include the hard drive it's a premium 360 you bought. If it's a core you can hold on to the hard drive

Thanks man, so does that mean I lose all my saved games. memory card here I come.

Is that all i send so, the console with hard drive included?

quarryman wrote:
    How long have you had the console?

I'm not 100% sure but maybe 6 to 8 months

edit: just checked there and it was start of August 2006

Scruff wrote:
    am.... are ye supposed to fill in and send of that card that came in the box to get the support or will the till receipt do?
    actually hope i still have the receipt somewhere ...:o

you can register it online using the serial number underneath the barcode on the back of the console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Vegeta wrote:
    I'm not 100% sure but maybe 6 to 8 months

edit: just checked there and it was start of August 2006

Right so within the warranty period then. Just wondering as to what I'm going to do when my launch box goes belly up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Vegeta wrote:
    you can register it online using the serial number underneath the barcode on the back of the console

ok so could you register it when yer console goes tits up and then call them a day or two later and say "My new console just died" ??
    If not how do they know how long you've had it and is registering it just to add your personal details to info they already have through live?

quarryman wrote:
    Right so within the warranty period then. Just wondering as to what I'm going to do when my launch box goes belly up.

I think the dirty bastards are charging 140 euro or something like that for a refurbed one after the year is up

It really is a big black spot on their record. Its the only thing I dislike about the console is the crap reliability.

I had loads of space around the console and cleaned it regularly. 4% my arse, of the 5 people i know who own one it has happened to 2 of us, it must be costing them a fortune to fix them all

Scruff wrote:
    ok so could you register it when yer console goes tits up and then call them a day or two later and say "My new console just died" ??
    If not how do they know how long you've had it and is registering it just to add your personal details to info they already have through live?

Interesting idea

Does anyone know if when your console breaks do you get any sort of extended warranty on the one they replace it with???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I've a memory card ready and waiting for ya man. Still gutted to hear this!

OH F*U*C*K.... you cant move around Viva Pinata save games!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

OH F*U*C*K.... you cant move around Viva Pinata save games!!!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I remember all the hassle you had with this after your console was stolen.

I was just going to buy Tony Hawk aswell.

So i just handed the boxed console plus harddrive over to the UPS guy. I have to say it is a very efficient system, while I am very pissed that the console broke the support so far has been great.

I doubt i'll be saying that if my next console breaks though

Does anyone know if the next console I get will have a 1 year warranty or what is the story gurantee wise??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Waylander24

I hope you get you 360 back quickly. My fourth 360 died tonight just as I was about to play GRAW2. I'm not going to bother to send it back to MS as I dont want a crappy refurb that only lasts 4 months. I'll just buy a Core pack and stick my HDD on that.
    I love the 360 and the games but the quality of the machine itself is terrible.

ah man that's sh1tty

can you tell me if you get an extended warranty when you get the refurbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Waylander24

Vegeta wrote:
    ah man that's sh1tty

can you tell me if you get an extended warranty when you get the refurbs
    I didnt have to pay anything to send the machines back to MS but i'm out of the one year warranty now so I dont know if I will have to pay to send my latest dud 360 back. i'm going to ring on monday and see if I can send it back for free.
    I bought a new 360 today at Smyths and asked them if I could return it there if I had any problems with it. If the new 360 breaks under warranty I'll just bring it to Smyths and not bother with MS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

My launch system had just died. MS want 140 to fix it. Im very angry with them, as I had it in a well ventialted area so its not my fault it broke. They should fix it, as it was them who made it so bad. Is there anything I can do? At the moment Im strongly thinking about getting a ps3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Why do you keep buying htese expensive consoles? Quite clearly they cannot do what they claim to , somebody should take a case against M$.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Why do you keep buying htese expensive consoles? Quite clearly they cannot do what they claim to , somebody should take a case against M$.
    Much like your expensive pc in your sig.

:D

well they do have great games, if the reliability issue was fixed they'd be golden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

That makes no sense at all, infact quite teh opposite. It is a testament to the build quality of my pc that it is still up and running.

Advertisement