Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows activation Problem

• 06-03-2007 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭

I got a message saying that I had to activate windows (which I had already done when I was installing it), so went to do it and it told me that the windows key is already in use(by me I presume) and I have to buy a new one. Went to there phone activation and thats talking about XP!!! Anyone any idea what's going on and how I fix it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What version of Windows are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Vista home premium, free one that we got in croke park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Ok, got it sorted. FYI if anyone else has a problem with there activation don't ring the number provided by Vista during the registration wizzard. Instead ring 1850 940 940, follow the instuctions through and enter the 9 groups of 6 numbers that you tried to actiate it with originally, it won't work but now you will get the option to talk to a service agent. Within 5 mins she had it sorted, gave me a new activation number and told me I had a fantastic day ahead:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 mattDL

Same thing happened to me tonight after installing updates last night. From looking at other posts it seems that the problem was caused by the updates themselves.
    Problem is I'm deaf so I had to e-mail Microsoft. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with it. they promised me a reply within 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Bah, happened to me and I just reinstalled. Only took about 5 mins, and I've everything partitioned anyways. Will bookmark this thread for future reference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement