Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can u move from 3 bill pay to 3 pre pay?

• 06-03-2007 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

wonderin? im going to a lot of hassle with them now, after exchanging two v3xx's, they are finally sending a n73 for 130e more.

my bills are tipping 50/60e a month.
    no idea would pre pay be any use really....??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

You cant change anyway until you finish your contract. If you do you will pay fines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

You can change to a lower price plan though, for example €25 a month for 200 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

And even when you do change you lose your number :(

I tried going the other way - thought they'd like the idea of getting more money from me - but only way was to buy a new phone package, and they can't port number internally.

I'm now back to O2 for free, and I'm left with a Nokia 6280 that 3 won't unlock for me :(

-RikD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOKIA-UNLOCKING-6102-6280-6620-6630-N70-N90-UNLOCK_W0QQitemZ250089860210QQihZ015QQcategoryZ80089QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seems like you can get the unlock phone for the 6280 off eBay for £2.49. Besides that, 3 may be required by law to unlock your phone. Assuming you paid for it, they cannot hold it hostage. Get in touch with ComReg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOKIA-UNLOCKING-6102-6280-6620-6630-N70-N90-UNLOCK_W0QQitemZ250089860210QQihZ015QQcategoryZ80089QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seems like you can get the unlock phone for the 6280 off eBay for £2.49. Besides that, 3 may be required by law to unlock your phone. Assuming you paid for it, they cannot hold it hostage. Get in touch with ComReg.
    that software doesn't work. i know because i just tried it. i hope he's true to his word about the refund.

about 3 unlocking, they won't give contract customers the code unless they pay off and terminate their contract and prepay customers have to have spent 130 in credit

@RikD, you were on 3pay right? if you give them 130 minus whatever credit you bought while you were with them they have to give you the code. and if you kick up enough of a stink they might just give it to you without paying that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

I had only spent €30, and I needed roaming in US asap, so needed a solution quickly and got a free SIM card for O2 for my old phone. Wasn't prepared to stick €100 into the phone just to unlock it to sell for €150
    I did kick up a fuss, tried to even tie it that I would pay the 100 + go for high pay monthly, etc. No deal.

It's a shame - the service is great. Particularly X-Series when (and if) it rolls out. Have a friend in UK - and he loves it, particularly skype.

@legs11 - if you're bills are €50/60 - is it that you're going over your free mins, and should consider going up a package? Prepaid is pretty good, but I can't see it being cheaper ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skary

You can change from 3bill pay to 3pay and keep your same number, but you have to have completed your contract with them :)

Advertisement