Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring now (march)

Options
  • 07-03-2007 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Just wondering (with regards to fees) is deferring now the same as just failing the year ie. will my fees in September be the same if I defer now, and if I fail the year (by not sitting exams or something). Just asking this because I know if you defer before christmas, and dont start semester 2, you only have to pay half fees when you go back. I also know if you defer before October 31st you dont have to pay any fees when you return. (Btw I tried the registrations office in KST and they are so clueless, they said to call back when some woman - cant remember her name - was there)

Any help appreciated, - Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

it is the same at this point regarding fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Thanks - you 100% sure yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

If you defer now and dont do any exams you will be paying full fees in september. My course is different in that we have exams and studio. generaly anyone defering my course at this stage of the year will do the exams then its only half fees in september cos you aint doing lectures or exams so to speak. Its probably better if you go to you Department registraions officer for better info because 99% of the registration office workers are dopes and do not have a clue. It is actually a disgrace!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

100% of the registration office workers are dopes and do not have a clue. It is actually a disgrace!!!

corrected.

i have personal experience in dealing with them :)

:D

Ok, yea 100% is probably right. i was trying to be nice ;)

I actually started to think that the staff were from some kind of - give stupid people jobs, incentive. although the 12 year old looking girl who wears the lacoste tracksuit in my college was proficient enough to take a new picture for my id. only that is almost totally black cos there was no light where she told me to stand!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

is that bolton?

it would be, yes.

aye i know the lass you speak of, tbh i've had alot of dealing with admin, repeating and what not, very nice and helpful people

Advertisement