Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white flour- healthy ideas

• 07-03-2007 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

ok so white flour and healthy is kind of a contradiction of terms BUT i want to make use of it.I bought it for pancake tuesday and its just been sitting there since (post pancake feast) Anyone any ideas. Has to be something healthy. should i just use it for pastry for pie cover etc. as in chicken and leek. So far just been using it for sauces , thickeners etc....
    Does anyone have any recipes for breads or anything that i can do a half and half with wholegrain flour?
    everything else i think of just seems unhealthy; yorkshire puds. pancakes (eat to many at start of month)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

if you buy a pack of easy-bake yeast you'll see a bread recipe on the side of the pack. Try substituting white for wholemeal on those to make a half n half loaf.

You could make muffins with it? There's a multitude of muffin recipes out there, they don't have to be unhealthy. Pie pastry, if you make shortcrust, has butter in it so try and make sure the pie filling is low in fat and high in veggies if you're going for a healthy option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

hmmm muffins idea sounds nice. yum yum
    thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ah, this fits in nicely with my quandry! How do you make healthy muffins? I made cinnamon and apple ones last night, and they worked out to about 350 calories each! :eek:

I was going to substitute the white flour with wholemeal, but there's still an awful lot of sugar in them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you could try making smaller muffins. or calculate the energy expended in making the muffins and subtract it from teh calculated content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

Yeah i dont think they can be healthy but well i love them. only thing is if i make them myself i'd have too many to eat so the whole anything in moderation application might not work out too well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement