Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spooky places?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

[Also, try Cnoc Aine.
    Aine was Celtic Goddess of Fertility, and her temple was out by Hospital, Co Limerick.
    She was so powerfully worshiped that when the Christians came, they "adopted" her as a Saint (Saint Anne), in order to get the locals to convert.
    Her temple is a fairly special place too.

I lived in Cnoc Aine called Knockainey for 10 years as a child and there is now way this place is haunted her "temple" is now a shed for cows on a farm and next to a slurry pit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Someone living in east/south county limerick might be able to help me out here....theres a house on the right about 2 miles coming out of Bruff on the kilmallock road thats supposed to be haunted....apparently, as my friend who lives locally was telling me, its a newish house built on the site of an old cottage, the owner of which put a curse on the new house, and people keep moving out of it because of strange happenings.....and a few people have told me the same story so its not just one guy making stuff up....anyone from that area know about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I know of a house aswell where there is one room the family just dont enter.
    They've actually completely bricked up the doorway.
    It's just off the Tipperary Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Yep have done many of the midnight walks thorugh curraghchase forest with the scouts...pretty freaky alright.

Story has it that a large fire killed many in the house, one woman was trapped in a room in the front of the house and burned to death, many people claim to see a figure / shadow at the top left window of the house and then head towards the large cross on the hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

Trinity Rooms (well when I worked there as Docs)
    The Granary Part, ie the part that is still stone walls, 2 women died in there but have been seen/heard for years, especially during the day and early in the night before the music would start.
    Nattering away, they were fine though, never bothered us.

There is a house that students rent, across from St. Johns church, going into Garryowen, first one I think.
    An old man used to stand on the stairs in the house.
    Kinda Creepy.

Catherine Street, I had a painting flung off a stone wall at me one night in an apt up there. Near Flannery's.
    Think there used to be a brothel over flannery's and thats supposed to be haunted too.

Clare Street, the art college, have had plenty of paranormal experiences in there while it was being converted to the college back in 94-95

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 crazy-cooke

my grandad saw a banshee out where i live........mountshannon house is not a nice place to go to at night either!!!!!!!! monks(i Think) escaped through tunnels underground when being attacked by the black and tans years ago !!! BEEN IN THOSE UNDERGROUND TUNNELS SOOOOOOOOOOO SCARY!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

never seen as many zombies as when i was in the crescent shopping centre last weekend..

my grandad saw a banshee out where i live........mountshannon house is not a nice place to go to at night either!!!!!!!! monks(i Think) escaped through tunnels underground when being attacked by the black and tans years ago !!! BEEN IN THOSE UNDERGROUND TUNNELS SOOOOOOOOOOO SCARY!!!!1

Ah,Mountshannon house,great spot.I turned around a little way down the tunnels,it's fairly scary in there :o. Is there a way to the house from Lisnagry side,I always used to access it from the old road behind it but there's a new house built there now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 crazy-cooke

Ah,Mountshannon house,great spot.I turned around a little way down the tunnels,it's fairly scary in there :o. Is there a way to the house from Lisnagry side,I always used to access it from the old road behind it but there's a new house built there now :(

ya...i usually go behind the building of lisnagry national school. just walk through the feilds behind it.....its much easier and safer!!!!!!!!:D

There is a house that students rent, across from St. Johns church, going into Garryowen, first one I think.
    An old man used to stand on the stairs in the house.
    Kinda Creepy.

Your kidding me! My mate useda live there and I stayed there a few nights, had I known this I wouldnt have gone anywhere near! If its the same house we are talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

ok, lots of interesting entries! is there anyone up for some paranormal investigateion? but no Derek Acorah likes please! ;)

instead of a Board Beers something really interesting - the Boards Ghost Hunt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

ok, lots of interesting entries! is there anyone up for some paranormal investigateion? but no Derek Acorah likes please! ;)

instead of a Board Beers something really interesting - the Boards Ghost Hunt!
    hey dude im totally up for it. im in limerick. where u in ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

Your kidding me! My mate useda live there and I stayed there a few nights, had I known this I wouldnt have gone anywhere near! If its the same house we are talking about

Yup!

And apparantly one of the apts in Johns Square. never in that one though.

The house that I mentioned going into Garyowen is a really old house?

3 Floor Townhouse, is that the one your thinking of?
    Either first or 2nd, used to be rented by Art college students as far as I remember?

I know the guy whos still living there, i must have a word....any idea why its an old man at the stairs haunting the place? a past owner maybe? There useda be a tremendous smell of brussel sprouts from that house.....if thats related to the ghost or not, i dont know! :D

I'm gonna stalk the place :D

Paulegend wrote: »
    where u in ireland?

limerick. town centre

limerick. town centre
    me 2

i must totally know u

wat age r u?

matchmaking? wrong forum! :pac::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I'm up for a ghost hunt in Limerick! And i have a few mates that would be up for it too. We love that paranormal stuff.

matchmaking? wrong forum! :pac::p
    :D:rolleyes: ya ya

well im totally up for ghost hunting here in limerick aswell and i prob have one mate maybe two that would be up for it.

ok if anyone is interested email me at oztrailusyea@gmail.com with ur name and where you live. if ur up for it(ghost hunting:rolleyes: not, it!!!!).

Advertisement