Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat pack versus preassembled kitch - fitting time

Options
  • 07-03-2007 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Any reasonable guess as to how long more a flat packed kitchen will take to fit over a pre-built "cash and carry style kitchen". A guy I asked for a quote off told me it would take 5 days for 2 men to fit what is a pretty small kitchen and do the floor tiling for same area (3.5 x 3.5 metres)

Allowing 1 day for tiling that leaves 8 "man days" for the flat packed kitchen.

Surely this is too much ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

I got a full flat pack kitchen and solid wood floors down in the house within 5 days last year

Granted the guy was a pal of mine and worked till 8 or 9 in the evening but surely these guys are taking the p***

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

Thanks for the reply

Was he working on his own or using you as a "go-for" ?
    It sounds excessive really doesnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Those things fall together, literally screw panel A into slot B.
    the time is in hanging the wall mounted cupboards.

The cash and carry kitchen only prebuild the small cupboards, larder style are self assembly.

8 days is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

He did it all on his own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Rule of thumb is to get three quotes, and go with the cheapest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement