Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom password do you need it?

Options
  • 07-03-2007 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I rang eircom regarding an update on my broadband connection and was told my router had being shipped.

Thinking this might mean I'm all setup I took out an old Zyxel router (The one BT uses) and hooked it up.

Hey presto I was online and happliy downloading. The thing is, I didn't enter any eircom password information. Is this information redunant and if so why do they have it on these site under Basic Modem Config http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/ ?

Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Pretty sure ya don't need it. I had to fix my cousins eircom BB at the weekend. Turns out they'd managed to delete the username and password from the router. I just tried putting in any auld sh1te for the crack and to my amazement it worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,924 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they authenticate using your phone number - username and password are only used if you're getting eircom DSL from another provider (eg BT).

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

I just tried putting in any auld sh1te for the crack and to my amazement it worked!

LOL now that I think about it, it probably has my old BT username and password in it.

Advertisement