Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb cap a joke?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i often wonder is that how they would catch people downloading illegal music or films,since torrents upload aswell at same time,and they can check the large amount of volume that you have uploaded?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Fred83 wrote: »
    i often wonder is that how they would catch people downloading illegal music or films,since torrents upload aswell at same time,and they can check the large amount of volume that you have uploaded?
    Hmm.. you suddenly start uploading stuff to lots of different addresses and a couple of hours later all the upload stop. Also a lot of ISP's don't allow you to host servers.

You don't even need to check the protocols to have a fair idea peer to peer is happening. Then again the ISP's do that not the RIAA. RIAA can just try to download torrents and see what they get, unless you have a magic way of blocking hosts who might be under RIAA control. Imagine if the SONY root kit was set to try to connect to P2P shares and phone home when it connected.

Advertisement