Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cúpla ceisteanna

• 07-03-2007 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Gabh mo leithsceál ach níl gealige maith agam. D'fhiadfraigh mé cúpla ceisteanna i mbearla lé do thoil?

I studied Irish up to leaving cert ordinary level and currently I'm doing a 10 week Irish course in UL - intermediate level 1.

I am enjoying the course but to be honest I am struggling a little bit.

Because I am struggling I feel I would really benifit from getting some one to one tutition. I think it would be useful to have someone to help me with revision of the notes given out in class and perhaps getting help with some of the home work (its not really homework but more like extra material that can be used outside of the class)

I was thinking 1 hour a week would be a good start and sure like everything else just play it by ear after that. As there is no exams, it purely for personal enrichment I would like to keep it casual, relaxed and informal.

So, my cúpla ceisteanna are:
    - How does one go about organising this?
    - Is there anyone here who is in the vacinity of UL that has a good knownledge of Irish and would be up for the job.
    - What sort of rates should I be looking to pay?
    - Any other advice and/or suggestions?

Go raibh maith agat,

Niall

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Could you ask your class teacher or at the Irish dept in UL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 IsMiseNiall

Yeah, I suppose I could do that... I just thought that if there was someone reading this post that attended UL or lived nearby it could be useful.

By the way what sort of rates should I expect to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, maybe somebody from UL will come along yet! :)

As for pay, anything between €15 and €25 would be my guess but it would depend on the person offering the lessons, I guess.

Advertisement