Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in joining the boards football team?

• 07-03-2007 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

If you're interested in joining the boards.ie football team, Boardeaux, post on here to say you're interested.

Our first season in the Astro 11-a-side leagues is just about finished and we're looking to strengthen the squad for the next season. If we get enough interest, we'd look at getting 2 teams going, but for the moment anyone who is interested in joining should post on here and then we'll figure out the best way to move on from there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭keltoms

yep im interested! wat days/nights are matches on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Still confirming details, looks like midweek matches depending on which league we get into.

Can we sticky this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've nicked this from the previous call-to-arms thread.

The league fees are roughly €1800 up front before the deadline so before you hit the OH PICK MEEEEE!!!!! button. Take heed of this:

1. It rains in Ireland and gets really cold.
    2. The league is tough but worth it.
    3. We need a squad of 18 players.
    4 We intend to play on a thursday night or possibly tue or wed if everyone goes for it.
    5 Game kicks offs are 7,8,9,10pm yes 10PM you only get a few of these and every team gets the same amount, its sucks but has to be done.
    6. We want €120 off every player up front details will be posted soon, any extra monies will go into pot for footballs/jersey if we dont get a sponsor/beer at end of season.
    7 The grounds are some of the best in Ireland full shower and post (pre if you need it) match beer and parking and really really nice grounds.
    8 If you still reading you're the sort we want

Dont apply/join if your not committed to finishing the season that means 18 league games and 2 cup games(possibly more if were great)

If you want in post on this thread but bear in mind if you hand over cash to the team, you dont get it back

Still interested. Post here.

Or PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Paul (who came down to DCU a few weeks back) is gonna come along with another 1 or 2 whenever the first "official" open training session is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I'd be interested lads, whats the standard like as its been atleast a year since i've played properly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Yeah id def be interested in joining it been 2 years since i left Tolka and im desperate to get back playing for a team. Where does training and matches take place?

Thanks Darragh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd be interested as well but cant do Wednesdays.

When more details are available can you post them?

Is there training?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd be interested too. Of there was an open training session or something i'd like to go along. Let us know when and where etc,

All interested parties, please see this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52900126#post52900126

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Good to see some interest from new players.

Bottom line is matches will be on Tuesdays, training either on Saturday or Sunday. We're looking for lads who are decent footballers and can commit to that on a regular basis. Before the new season starts on April 10th we'll be training on Wednesdays.

You don't have to be Pele, but we are looking for people who can kick a ball and are 'decent' footballers. Anyone who's comfortable playing a bit of ball or doing a good job shutting out the opposition and just generally get stuck in will be grand. Actually, we are looking to get meaner and tougher as a team, so if you don't mind putting yourself about on the pitch there's no harm coming down for a look.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

we are looking to get meaner and tougher as a team, so if you don't mind putting yourself about on the pitch there's no harm coming down for a look.

Is it school yard rules? If so I'm defo in!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Deadline for joining the team is almost on us.

We would love some fresh blood in the team. Players of any experience are welcome! We have a good mixture of players.

League has been orgaised. We have a kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

I would be interested in getting involved in this.

Where exactly is the astro park?
    I'm based on the Northside of Dublin and think all southsiders are scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

i would be intrested in this. i have exams in may but after them and the end of my season i would be available to play. i will also ask Ditpoker as he is quailty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

aodea wrote:
    i would be intrested in this. i have exams in may but after them and the end of my season i would be available to play. i will also ask Ditpoker as he is quailty.

tbh mate, if your interested, we really need your league fees lodged today. Des has to pay the league our fee tomorrow. It's 115 euro each (covers balls/cones etc also)

see here for details

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055068224

carfax wrote:

fair play,
    Im not from Dublin , and think all north & southsiders are scum ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

The pitches are on the south side, Rathfarnham.

And the manager does need people to commit today. Even if you miss out on a few weeks, you still have the rest of the summer. I don't think the league starts for another week or two anyway.

Training is sometimes in DCU but on the weekend I think the manager might prefer if we done some sessions in the Phoenix park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

carfax wrote:
    I would be interested in getting involved in this.

Where exactly is the astro park?

I'm based northside as well, but games will be played on the southside (3 Rock and St. Columbas Colleg, which are both in the rathfarnham direction)

training is in DCU at the moment on Wednesdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Iago wrote:
    I'm based northside as well, but games will be played on the southside (3 Rock and St. Columbas Colleg, which are both in the rathfarnham direction)

training is in DCU at the moment on Wednesdays.

Sounds good, put me down for this please. I'll PM you regarding fees.

carfax wrote:
    Sounds good, put me down for this please. I'll PM you regarding fees.

see this thread for bank details

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055068224

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

myself aodea and carfax all play for the same UCFL team (we're not great) and this sounds perfect for keeping going over the summer. more than happy to pay the 115, but am not available for a few weeks due to exams and ourown league ending. during the summer (may-august) is when I will be able to commit to pretty much every match/training.

it'd be unfair of me to ask you to hold a place so what i'd suggest is once our league finishes up i can start making matches and if there is still room in the squad i'll pay full fees then if you still want/need players. sure if im only availble for 10 games its a tenner a game which im more than happy to pay!

when's first match, might pop up and watch and drag aodea along. i've trained in three rock and columbas since i was about 2 foot tall so i know the places fairly well. (anyone else a member of the elite club to smash one of the club house windows??? TWICE?!?! [probably best i play at the back])

re: bibs/balls/kits etc etc, i have acces to all of that stuff with current team so should be able to help out

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

well cant really commit to it then how bout a friendly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Gel

I was excited when I saw this thread then I remembered I'm 45!!!! Ye silly ol' git!!
    I would love to play a bit of football again. I have been doing some coaching and that keeps me relatively fit but I miss the real thing.
    Was asked if I'd like trials for Arsenal when I was 16 but never went due to school. I've regretted it ever since.
    Does anyone know of any Over 35 teams around the South side. I live in Naas but there's none around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TommyGrav

Hey lads, am I in time to join for the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

i take it i too would be a bit late in looking to join the team? to be honest i havent played a match since last summer and since iv given up the smokes 5months ago i think its time i start to do some activity, maybe it would be a good idea to start with the second team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Brother and his 2 mates interested in signing up.

Let us know if yah want them.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Me an Turnip2000 just finished playing U18 football, just wonderin what the standard is like? and any easy ways of getting to the matches as we both live on the northside and don't drive!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Might be interested because i can't see the Foot.ie team getting up and running.

Anto, what's the story?

We'll be looking for players for the new season starting at the end of Aug/start of Sept.

In the meantime, if you like you can come out to our games on a Tuesday for the rest of the season, we could always do with the extra bodies anyway.

Details of all of our Fixtures are in a sticky below this one, just have a look, see if any of them suit you to come out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Anto is a cracking player , nail him des nail him now :)

/not as good as me me but he could do a job tbh.

kdjac

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement