Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outdoor courts??

Options
  • 07-03-2007 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hey all!
    Just moved to dundrum and was wondering if anyone knows of any outdoor courts where someone could do a bit of training in the evenings??
    Used to play alot of bball up to 4/5 years ago, would like to just get back into a little.
    thanks in advance.
    vinnie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Alright Vinnie, there's some courts down on Gardiner Street where you can get some games. Not sure what it's like atm due to the crap weather.

I'll be back down there during the summer, as will Phil (our local super mod :p).

You can get some good games but there's alot of people that moan down there so don't expect any sympathy if they slap you on the arm when shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

And meet Kenny the local smartass ;)

Gardiner street was wrecked, but supposedly Keith has gotten the rings back up, I haven't checked yet though. Anyone seen it lately?

There is a ring not too far away from you up beside the Beacon Hotel right beside Sandyford Industrial Estate (just across from Spar on Blackthorne Avenue I think). I used to live close to it, lots of asshole kids around there though so don't say I didn't warn you.

Gardiner street will start getting used again once the evenings stretch and the weather gets good again (i.e. typically after Easter). Summer time should see a few open runs in different indoor courts as well.

Phil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

:D Apparently the rings are better then the prison rings that used to be up there too........might actually get some shooters roll now :rolleyes:

Advertisement