Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heroes Changes In Season 2 *SPOILERS WITHIN*

• 07-03-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭

Tim Kring, creator of NBC's hit series Heroes, says that the upcoming second season will constitute a new volume in the multi-volume series, with new characters and an entirely new storyline. "If you remember, the opening of the pilot pronounced the episode as the beginning of Volume One," Kring said in an interview. "Volume One comes to a conclusion at the end of episode 23, and Volume Two starts with the opening of season two. And Volume Two is a different story."

Kring added: "We could have new people and new storylines and new ideas and new threats and new bad guys and new heroes. So I would prepare the audience for that idea, that it's not just a continuing serialized storyline about only these people. It's a little more the 24 model than the Lost model."

"Heroes needs to evolve, and if we are positing an idea that this is happening all over the world to many, many people, then we get to see some of those people and see how their story fits in."

Kring also confirmed that some of the current heroes just might not survive this season, but added: "Many of your favorites will live to fight again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'm divided on this...

Part of me thinks that this will keep the series fresh, new characters to get to know, new powers to see etc.

The other part of me thinks that the audience has grown to like these characters and leaving them out completely could lose some of its magic (my example would be to imagine not having Hiro!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

If Hiro goes, theres actually no hope, he's a lejbox

But in fairness, it always says "people all over the world" discover new abilities. Apart from Hiro, everyone else is American, well except for Claire who's Canadian now :P

theyd wanna come to ireland. Guinnessepathy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

unreggd wrote:

he's a what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I just scrolled straight down to this reply box and didn't read any of that. If any of what you have posted contains any insight into what to expect from Season II, then it is advised that you alter the title of the thread to highlight the fact that the thread may contain spoilers as some people may not appreciate seeing information regarding where the creators want to take the show. Alternatively you can wrap everything in the [spoiler] tag.

NB: I'm not a moderator of any kind, I'm just trying to look out for anyone who doesn't want one iota of Heroes being spoiled for them. As you can probably guess, I'm one of those people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

The key thing is the use of the word might. He later confirmed that many of the original cast will stay. The only difference will be a new over riding arc (different from the new york bomb) and new Heroes as they're discovered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭riddik

unreggd wrote:

u MUST be 14 years old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Im sure that the current group will return in later episodes as a core team is formed and we lose the dead weight characters.

Its kinda scary but I'm sure I will grow to like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Can't see them getting rid of Hiro anytime soon. They have to be aware of how popular the charater is.
    Plus, remember when he appeared to Peter on the subway and he had the sword and was dressed like a warrior...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Kill Nikki off... Please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

As much as I like the current story-arc, I like the sound of this. Will hopefully help to keep it fresh and interesting - and hopefully get rid of some of the dead-weight, as others have said.

Nikki/Jesica would be the only character(s) I actually hope they get rid of, and I reckon the walk-through-walls fella (I'm dreadful with names on this show) could be more interesting without her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I hope they kill off Peter "Rocky" Petrelli he's a pain in the butt. Or at least give him a decent bloody haircut! Parkman's a bit of a whinger as well I've never warmed to that character (or his wife!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't like the idea of this at all.. this is a show in which i have grown to really like the characters and their stories. Well.. all apart from Niki / Jessica, DL and Micah.

But come on - Hiro, Sylar, Ando, Parkman, Peter, Claire, Mr Bennett etc. Take them away to get a bunch of new heroes dealing with their powers. Eurrgghh.. in fact, i downright hate the idea. They could ditch a very likeable cast for 12 re-incarnations from the Sanders family! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

basquille wrote:
    But come on - Hiro, Sylar, Ando, Parkman, Peter, Claire, Mr Bennett etc. Take them away to get a bunch of new heroes dealing with their powers. Eurrgghh.. in fact, i downright hate the idea.
    Hayden pattienaire has signed up for 3 seasons (with options) I don't think there's any reason to think the majority of main charachters will last at least that long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

if you remember when future hiro spoke to peter in the subway he says "i barely recognize you without the scar" im guessing this is the scar sylar creates on his head and it implies that hiro has known him a long time with the scar. so both are definatly long runners unless they actualy quit the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

Just because someone has a 3 year deal or whatever doesn't guarantee them a place on the show. And even the Hiro/Peter future thing, they could say that they've changed the future and kill em all of if they want..
    and am I the only one who loves the whole Nikki/Jessica thing? Ali Larter is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

am I the only one who loves the whole Nikki/Jessica thing?

i think someone else mentioned how they liked it too. cant remember who though. personally that storyline bores me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

and am I the only one who loves the whole Nikki/Jessica thing? Ali Larter is amazing.
    Hotness is not a good enough reason to keep your place in a series like this. Her story is crap. The kid is probably the most interesting character of the Sanders family and he's gotten **** all screen time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Judging by the previews for Episode 19, the Sanders are going to be playing a much more important role in the future episodes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

basquille wrote:
    Don't like the idea of this at all.. this is a show in which i have grown to really like the characters and their stories. Well.. all apart from Niki / Jessica, DL and Micah.

But come on - Hiro, Sylar, Ando, Parkman, Peter, Claire, Mr Bennett etc. Take them away to get a bunch of new heroes dealing with their powers. Eurrgghh.. in fact, i downright hate the idea. They could ditch a very likeable cast for 12 re-incarnations from the Sanders family! :D

Yep, Im with you, Im loving the show and dont like the idea of a new cast every year at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

jaggeh wrote:
    if you remember when future hiro spoke to peter in the subway he says "i barely recognize you without the scar" im guessing this is the scar sylar creates on his head and it implies that hiro has known him a long time with the scar. so both are definatly long runners unless they actualy quit the show.

Title says minor spoilers, your ruining the last episode for people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

lets just hope that they finish the present storyline and not have it going on in the background, never actually going any where, ala Lost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

I wouldn't worry about characters like Hiro and Claire - they're too popular to be killed off.

There's plenty of scope to add new characters as well. In the first season, the cast are largely apart from each other so there's a different hero in a different place in every scene. As they come together there'll be more screen time to devote to new characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I think they will keep the main hereos but will have a new enemy, much like all comics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I wanna see them merge it with Battlestar Galactica!

"On the long path to Earth, before it explodes!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the bomb/explosion does happen and we see a new arc of heroes develop out of the aftermath.

Actually what I would love to see is *EPISODE 20+21*
    Future Sylar killed Future Peter and will come back, be the bomb, and become the new villain: Present Sylar will become the lesser evil (if not dead), but I would hope they tap on PS's newfound goodness and keep him around.

I have my own ideas who they might kill off but if they kill Hiro....lets just say this would never happen :D he's like Mr.Spock remember: if he did die he'd find some stupid way to come back anyhow.

speaking of the 24 Model: did anyone else recognize Sylar from Season 3?

Monkey can ya put up the Spoiler tags on this thread? Thx :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Overheal wrote:
    speaking of the 24 Model: did anyone else recognize Sylar from Season 3?

Yeah, Zachary Quinto played Adam (think that was his name anyway) - he was one of my favourite 24 characters that season.

I don't think any producers are stupid enough to let anybody change the entire cast before season 2. Even if they get rid of most of them, I'm guessing characters like Hiro & Peter will be around. The seem to be 'Heroes' answer to 24's Jack Bauer.

I ike the idea of them changing up the cast every season and since the show was so popular, I wouldn't be too surprised if we started seeing some big names next year. How cool would it be if they got Mr. Eko from LOST to be in Heroes???

Is the TV show only loosely based on the graphic novels? Because if it's following the graphic novels closely, surely people would know how the series ends, but I haven't seen any major concrete spoilers yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is the TV show only loosely based on the graphic novels? Because if it's following the graphic novels closely, surely people would know how the series ends, but I haven't seen any major concrete spoilers yet.
    It's not based on them. The graphic novels are just supplements to the show and fill in backstory and stuff that happens between episodes.

yeah they're just one tip of the Extended Universe. Havent read them since we were still waiting around for Godsend though :p I just havent had the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

There was no graphic novels before the show started. The TV show is the original.

As Sad Professor said, they fill in backstory and whatnot. There's one out each week, and it usually ties into that weeks episode.

Well worth checking out. Full list and download links here :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heroes_graphic_novels

//edit
    ..there's also 'Easter Eggs' connected to each comic, like this fantastic picture, from behind the scenes on Episode #21.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

But its not that original is it. I do love Heroes, but the main plot bares a striking resemblance to that of the graphic novel The Watchmen. I'd bet whoever owns the movie rights is pissed off.

Linderman is basically Ozymandius.

Well if they had the right to sue I'm sure they would have. Intellectual Property rights can get a bit loopy in fairness.

EDIT: picture isnt loading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

But its not that original is it. I do love Heroes, but the main plot bares a striking resemblance to that of the graphic novel The Watchmen. I'd bet whoever owns the movie rights is pissed off.

Linderman is basically Ozymandius.
    I'd disagree - There are similarities, but the plots aren't the same. Also, it pisses me off no end when everyone walks around mentioning that, because it's a HUGE Watchmen spoiler, and people usually don't tag it as such. Despite tagging even the most minor Heroes spoiler. Grr.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ONe thing is for certain, no matter what they do in the next season, the "company" including Hiros dad seem to be a global phenomenon, so they should crop up wherever the show is set, the certainly seem to have agents working out of countries around the world, how all would the Haitian have turned up?
    Yup, I can see the storyline perhaps broadening globally, but including whatever characters survive the current debacle. Peter is so powerful, he could be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I think it's a great idea. The show hasn't really dropped all season and it's a good way of keeping season 2 fresh.

I think there might be a new "main" character, who has to look to Peter for help. Sounds possible I think....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

...the graphic novel The Watchmen. I'd bet whoever owns the movie rights is pissed off.

dun dun dun

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

• Advertisement
Advertisement