Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting "Modified Content" error in SF, please help!

Options
  • 07-03-2007 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I keep getting this message that "This server does not allow modified content, please revert to the original version" every time I try to join a server on Special Forces.

Now, I've reinstalled the game twice now, patched up, and still get this error.

I'm using the Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition, if that helps.

I only just found out that I needed to play Special Forces online before I could get certain weapons unlocks (Shut up! Nobody ever told me!), so I don't think I've even played SF online before, but this is an absolute kick in the teeth considering I want those unlocks so badly! :eek:

So, please help!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Now, I've reinstalled the game twice now, patched up, and still get this error.

Patch 1.41?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Spear wrote:
    Patch 1.41?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I had the same problem - quite commmon apparantly..

Anyway - the fix for me was, uninstall the whole lot....

Install BF2, install SF, then apply the full 1.41 patch (not incremental)..

That did it for me.....then I never played SF!!.....laggy as f*ck on any server I went onto......most likely my crap machine....

oh - and if you've done the above already - maybe try getting the patch from a different location.

mmm...new guitar...or new pc??...jesus, the decisions I have to make sometimes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Got it aswell after i instaelled SF

Was coming up with something different for vehicles

I.e in searching for servers, in the No Vehicles filter it would have something like cg_serverallow vehicle

And in game when im tryin to request a vehicle it would have something similiar

Just reinstall tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

im getting this as well now after reinstalling my PC recently. My BF2 works fine but when I join a SF server it says unmodifyed content rubbish. I was just thinking of reinstalling SF rather than the whole lot and see how that goes for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

You patched to 1.41 after you installed SF right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

also try the punkbuster update after u patch up.

Advertisement