Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

identify exchange

Options
  • 07-03-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi,

how do I know what exchange I am? We're building a new house, so as yet we don't even have a phone number. I do have my neighbour phone number but I don't know how to find out which exchange we'll be connected to.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

www.broadband.ie

Put it into the checker and it will tell you what exchange you are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

Thanks so much for the prompt response Slaanesh.

It worked - not good news though, as I expected, exchange not enabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dizzy

That's strange, I can't get into that site, I just get page cannot be displayed. Even when I google the site address I just get some weird .ch.hk?

Did a check on the IEDR while writing this and its seems it's a Smart Telecom site, hope I can identify my exchange. Might see if BB is heading my way:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitzee

Hi, if it's not enabled by Smart, it may still be enabled by eircom ... which exchange is it? If you check the "phoneline checker" on www.broadband.gov.ie
    this will tell you if your exchange is enabled for DSL or not. In addition, the "find broadband in your area" button will enable you to pick your site on the map and identify Wireless Providers that may be available in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitzee

dizzy wrote:
    That's strange, I can't get into that site, I just get page cannot be displayed. Even when I google the site address I just get some weird .ch.hk?

Did a check on the IEDR while writing this and its seems it's a Smart Telecom site, hope I can identify my exchange. Might see if BB is heading my way:rolleyes:

What ISP do you use dizzy? It's strange that you can't access the site, it links to Smart's site.... Wonder why you can't get there... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dizzy

I'm on Satellite BB which comes from Germany, so maybe thats something to do with it. I can access the Eircom checker but it always says I cannot get BB with them. I'd just like to know what exchange I am connected to, as we are in between two, one has limited BB the other hasn't. The first one is being upgraded soon apparently, so I was hoping to see if we may get it when the upgrade is in. Eircom customer services can hardly put me on to the right person nevermind tell me where my service comes from:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The Smart checker can - it was linked above.

Advertisement