Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here actually a qualified pilot?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Fo. for Ryanair out of Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

andy_g wrote: »
    Fo. for Ryanair out of Dublin :D

I'll be joining you in the Ryanair ranks someday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

As will we all, whether we like it or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭wittymoniker

737/747, 9,000+.
    have fun in FR lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Why set your sights so low?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

ryanair have a cabin crew to flight deck training prog if you have been with them for about 2yrs and their training is classed as one of the highest in europe :P

not premoting ryanair hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

ryanair have a cabin crew to flight deck training prog if you have been with them for about 2yrs and their training is classed as one of the highest in europe tongue.gif

LOL, wouldn't Michael O'Leary love that. If he could get away with it he would. As it is both pilots and cabin crew have to pay for their own training. It's a bit cheaper to be cabin crew though.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭john_aero

have my PPL for fixed wing, concidering going doing aeros or doing heli PPL

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

andy_g wrote: »
    ryanair have a cabin crew to flight deck training prog if you have been with them for about 2yrs and their training is classed as one of the highest in europe :P

not premoting ryanair hehe

I'm sure they do. such crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Interesting reading that...dunno how I have not read that before

Ryanair would be my only option if I wanted to attempt to live at home in Limerick (shannon based) even though they'd probably end up moving me elsewhere just as I buy a house and settle down :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If I ever get the training completed I might spend a few years in the US or with a certain bizjet operator....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Simple VFR-only PPL for me, and my progression has come to a screeching halt due to the cost of flying here in Silicon Valley. Haven't even certified for High-Performance yet. Eventually wish to do the full IFR/Comm/CFI. Army should pay for a fair part of that, and I have to say, the CFI sounds like a great retirement gig. (At least, it was for my instructor)

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Just passed my first phase of ATPL(A) exams, and started the flying phase and its great fun. Too bloody hot down here in Spain though!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dauphin_army

I fly Hot Air Balloons (UK and Irish PPL-B) and Rotary (Irish PPL-H):)

Advertisement