Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Bags

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Seriously? We have a 500-page book that we have to carry around! On top of the exam papers and two A4 copies!

yeah... We never used a book, straight into the exam papers from day 1 of 5th year... Finished the course now, our teacher is outstanding :D

Got our pre back today, 82%, and it was horribly (harshly) corrected ie barely any workings counted etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭adamcp

Yeah the bag thing wasn't so bad once you got outta 1st year and cut down your subjects, there are some tiny first years with bags basicaly 3/4 the height of them, hilarious to watch but can't imagine it's a great feeling. Now in final year rarely is my bag really full partly because I pass my locker a lot or go close to it between most classes so I can do that and I only have one really big book and that's my chemistry anyways so it's not really bad. I don't bring my biology book to class because we rarely use it and when we do I just look in to someone elses. As far as the bag thing goes I mostly do the one shoulder thing although I do use two straps a lot too, but I think the two strap down at your ass thing is worse on your back when you do have books in it. There's no trollley bags in my school, don't know if they're banned or what's the story but they'd just be kicked as they're pulled along or the taking the wheel thing off would happen a lot too as someone mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'm ok with bags.
    It is very heavy but it does not bother me at all come to think of it.
    I have spent a lot of time travelling and carrying much heavier bags on my back for long time periods...so that is probably why.

Poor little first years though. They are tiny in our school and always look like they are going to fall over :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Some smartarse teachers say you should only have three books in your bag for the next three classes -- rubbish. I have a folder for every subject as well as workbooks, exam papers and hardbacks for notes for many other subjects.

I didn't get a locker in second year. I was crippled, even when offloading some books in a friend's locker. Had to pay €100 to get one this year. I wasn't even allocated one then. I was told there were none left even though, every time I walked past the stairs, I could see several new lockers recently removed from their packaging. Some of us took it unto myself to 'borrow' [steal] the TYs' lockers instead, figuring they'd have least books than any other year.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

we get them free every year :D which is really good, really helps...

someone needs to teach those first years with trolley how to prioritise homework...there is no way they need every single book every night of the week....

But lockers should be defenitely made available to everyone...i dont know howd I'd manage without mine!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 interpolian

in 6th year with exam papers added to the unbelieveable weight ive been getting pains in my back constantly and missed a couple of days school from the pain!! im quite small and not strong at all i cant take the weight of it. Just a few months to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

in 6th year with exam papers added to the unbelieveable weight ive been getting pains in my back constantly and missed a couple of days school from the pain!! im quite small and not strong at all i cant take the weight of it. Just a few months to go!!
    If you're using exam papers often, the chances are you don't need to bring some of your books in, you do know by now that you don't have to bring every book for every subject in? I hope you do anyway...

Advertisement