Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Bags

• 07-03-2007 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm a TY student and for our YSI project we are studying the effects of school bags on students backs.
    A small group in the class is making a short DVD presentation on how school bags and their weight are damaging students backs, and the solutions to this problem.
    For this DVD we would lke to have a few statements from students themselves, so if you have any opinions on the matter, please post them here or PM me, and they may be used for this short DVD.
    Thanks,
    LMP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

Bags Bags Bags....... Dam they are annoying. Mine must weigh at least 15 kilograms. I walk sometimes a couple of kilometers with it on my back but mostly only have a few hundred to walk, depends on the day. I dont find I have had any problems with my back from it but this might be due to that I train with weights for rugby and it doesnt affect me as much as someone say weaker or less developed. The facilities in our school for leaving books in school is minimul / non exsistant.

On a side note you should do a video on the affects on the day school chairs as they are what a really damaging us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

the bags can be rediculous in 3rd year with all the books and past papers etc. and the main problem is fitting things into the bag, once thats done, the next job is lifting it which is grand but the problem comes when you have a gear bag with you aswell, that gets awkward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

We just moved into our new school building and all the lockers are there but we can't use them!! Apparently we have to wait for numbers to be put on them! Its now over a week since we moved in and being in 3rd year, my bag is heavy! Whats more there are three floors in the school so having to walk up and down for classes is annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

My bag always ways a ton. I always get loads of homework. Now that changed however, I started to do after school study and I do all my homework in school so I can leave all my books in my locker.

Advertisement