Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D-Link Xtreme G Wireless Router problem

• 07-03-2007 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi there,

I have had wireless broadband setup in my house for some time and it was working fine. I tried setting up security on the router yesterday for the first time and I've messed it up. I went into the router interface (192.168.0.1) and I enabled WEP (i also clicked another thing which I can't recall at the moment!) thinking this would ask me to come up with some password etc., when i pressed apply in said that I had applied WEP successfully etc. At this point, the network stopped working. i tried going to 192.168.0.1 again but the page wouldn't load. When I viewed the available wireless networks, I can see the network but I can't connect because it asks me for a password etc. I tried resetting the router but it still asks for the password when I try to connect. I have no idea what to do now! When I connect my laptop directly to the broadband router it works fine, just not when I try to connect through wireless.

Please Help!

Confused Guy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

Can you access the router page when you are connected over lan?
    this should be the case. alot of routers dont like you changing settings unless you are directly linked to the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jondom

To be honest I didn't try that because I didn't have a LAN cable. But I never had a problem changing the settings over Wireless before. I will get my hands on a cable this evening and try it.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement