Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Tray & Tiling

Options
  • 07-03-2007 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Apologies if this is a stupid qs but was just wondering if anybody has had the same problem as me and what is the best solution.

Just bought a new house and the shower tray in the ensuite is 800mm x 800m. However the width of the ensuite itself is 1130mm. So trying to be clever and trying to maximize my shower space i removed the tray and installed an 1100mm x 900mm. However this leaves a 30mm gap between the tray and the wall.

Now the prob is how do best tile this area so as the extendable shower door can close and seal the tray fully? The tray is lipped so i was thinking of building out the tile 30mm to sit over the tray on one side. The other side i have recessed into the plaster and will be able to tile down and over. Any feedback would be welcome.

Kind Regards,

Larry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

fix thin pieces of timber to the wall, and then fix quarter inch ply-wood to them....ready for tiling.

or u could stick a half inch plaster-slab onto the wall using bonding compound!

hope that helps!

Advertisement