Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hanso V Mittlewerk

• 07-03-2007 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

heres my 2 cents.......

I believe that though the vanzetti equation that Hanso believed he could change the equation though Dharma (and save mankind), however Mittlewerk took the oppsite view that the Equation was inevitable, but by helping it to become a reality he could control it and save the human race (ie release a deadly virus killing millions but not all of mankind).

So by the 90s when the Cold War was over and mutually assured destruction was no longer a factor, Mittlewerk was in a position of power in the foundation and cut all funding to Dharma (why all their stuff seems old and crappy now). The Scientists "the others" were still dedicated enough to stay there because they trubly believed that the vanzetti equation could still be changed.

anyway thats my 2 cents.......:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

hm all the others seem unhappy about being on the island...i dont think they choose to stay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah i mean it looks to me like they all want off the Island and fast..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭dan_y

plus, they recruited juliet from the mainland 3 years ago - which means the organisation is still active on the mainland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

dan_y wrote:
    plus, they recruited juliet from the mainland 3 years ago - which means the organisation is still active on the mainland.
    Yes but do we know that Ethan was part of Dharma or just wanted to bring a doctor to the island for his own groups needs?

steveland? wrote:
    Yes but do we know that Ethan was part of Dharma or just wanted to bring a doctor to the island for his own groups needs?

possible spoilers:

well...it's all speculation
    But - we know that ben (he claims) was born on the island - wheras as of enter 77 we know that dharma came to the island as part of, well, something weird they were doing. so I think maybe the others (hostiles) killed or captured all of the dharma personnel (not unlike how they killed/captured the tailies) and ethan was among those captured - possibly because he's a doctor, same as juliet?

sorry, how do you block out spoilers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

What about the supply drops? Unless they're automated then I'd say the project is still running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

dan_y wrote:
    possible spoilers:

well...it's all speculation But -
    we know that ben (he claims) was born on the island - wheras as of enter 77 we know that dharma came to the island as part of, well, something weird they were doing. so I think maybe the others (hostiles) killed or captured all of the dharma personnel (not unlike how they killed/captured the tailies) and ethan was among those captured - possibly because he's a doctor, same as juliet?

sorry, how do you block out spoilers?

eh,theres no actual proof the purge[the war between the 'hostiles'[others and drama staff] actually took place.......could be lies......the darma may be twisting everything to play with the survivors

eh,theres no actual proof the purge[
    the war between the 'hostiles'[others and drama staff] actually took place.......could be lies......the darma may be twisting everything to play with the survivors

well yeah that's why I said it was speculation, there Could be an even bigger picture that the writers havn't revealed yet but how much bigger can this spiral get? I mean, are they gonna discover the christ's grave or some aliens or is it just gonna somehow tie off this dharma nonsense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Spoiler tags added dan_y (and on the quotes). Put
    around it (without the spaces)

steveland? wrote:
    Spoiler tags added dan_y (and on the quotes). Put
    around it (without the spaces)

thanks. now I can argue like a pro!

• Advertisement
Advertisement